Help with Leveling Jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jschmidt34106

Greetings!

Let me start out as soooo many do and say that I a total newbie to MH's but not to getting my hands dirty and taking advice.? I have just purchased a 1995 Winnebago Adventurer 32' on a Chevy 454 P30 Chassis.? ;D?

Now the issue:? The MH came with leveling jacks, however, there is an issue with the right rear in that the ram will not retract into the cylinder.? It stays out 2-3 inches and based on the surface I am parked on I can not get it to drop all the way down so it can sit firm and perdenicular with the ground.? The fluid used is transmission and it is between the operating marks, on the low end, but still between them when the jacks are retracted.? All the other jacks retract and drop as expected.? I have tried to push the ram back into the cylinder by hand and it does not move.?

This is what I think may be happening.? I am "GUESSING" that I need to bleed that jack as air has gotten in somehow and it can not retract due to that air pocket.? Does this even make the least bit of sense?? Any other thoughts or things I could look at or try??

Thanks!? Looking forward to all the words or wisdom!

Joe

There are two big power jack companies (HWH and Power Gear) I think workhorse ships with Power Gear. And there are 3 ways of fixhing reluctant rear jacks.

HWH. I'm sorry I can not help you you will have to read the manual

Power Gear, company says to extend the jack and spray the posts with silicon, at least once a week (The silver part)

Power gear jacks WITH zerk fittings,  Users (Myself included) have been known to hit the ZERK with a single shot of white lithium grease

Have not had to silicon my power gear jacks since

On the HWH side of life, there should be a T looking connector on the block, if you rotate it counterclockwise (about 3 revolutions) that should manually release the jacks.  This will allow you to clear an air pocket if one is inside the hydro assembly.  My 1995 did the same thing, by twisting the T's and banging on it with the table leg I was able to get mine up.  This only happened once and doing this cleared the problem.

Hope this helps,
Eric[br]Date Posted: September 29, 2006, 03:29:47 PMOn the HWH side of life, there should be a T looking connector on the block, if you rotate it counterclockwise (about 3 revolutions) that should manually release the jacks. ?This will allow you to clear an air pocket if one is inside the hydro assembly. ?My 1995 did the same thing, by twisting the T's and banging on it with the table leg I was able to get mine up. ?This only happened once and doing this cleared the problem.

Hope this helps,
Eric

Back
Top Bottom