Help with Onan gen was disconnected by PO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midas kingston

Can anyone tell me what these thin black/white/green wires go to? My Onan gen was disconnected by PO and I don’t know what they go to, traced plug

5AA40DFC-51D9-4156-8F41-AAD192E5D768.jpeg

Attachments

• C23D70AE-2923-4211-A5B0-15C122C02963.jpeg
    C23D70AE-2923-4211-A5B0-15C122C02963.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Your post is fine, but you should tell us the year, make, and model of your RV. That will help.

Looks like someone's home wiring job, those colors are usually on a tail light wiring harness.

Do you have the generator? If so, what is the model number. I'm expecting it to be an old Emerald model or the like. Cummins has the manuals online for most of the Onan products.

Charles

So what was the generator "disconnected" from? It would normally have a 120v output wire (to an outlet or to a auto-transfer switch), a remote start, a 12v connection for starting and powering its fuel pump, and a fuel line. Which ones of those have you identified so far?

I have a remote start connection also, that is not these wires.
Are you sure that the wires are connected to something in the Onan? Does the Onan start both locally and remotely? If it starts, does it supply 120V power to the outlets, microwave and probably the TV with the power cord not connected to outside power? With the generator running, is there any voltage between the 3 pins of that plug?

Back
Top Bottom