Hershey PA RV Show 2010: Decor Trends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannine

We spent yesterday at the Hershey RV show.  We spent most of our time looking at 5th wheels, and toured a few motor homes. 

We saw lots of cherry (and fake cherry) cabinets.  Many of the high end units had vessel sinks and stylish faucets to go with the sinks. One thing that struck me negatively was the preponderance of dark colors; especially browns and mustard yellows.  That's just my personal taste.  I like light, clear colors.

Many of the units have television sets that drop down into the cabinet under the TV.  Saw lots of side bathrooms.  Only a few of the units had sinks and/or showers in an open hallway.  There were lots of trailers with elaborate outside kitchens that included cabinets, stoves, sinks, and barbeques. 

It's a huge show.  A lot of people seemed to be serious buyers.

Jeannine

I noticed the dark colors at the Redmond rally, too. And I also prefer the light colors. One manufacturer only had dark colors in the model we were interested in so that eliminated that model for us (wish I could remember what model / manufacturer it was). Looks like we'll be checking out motorhomes at the Pomona RV show next month. Not buying, just looking (famous last words).

Wendy

Fortunately, we were "Lookie Loos".  I always find it disconcerting when every manufacturer uses the same color schemes.  It happens in clothing and home furnishings too.  I save a lot of money when I can't find anything in the colors I like.

I do like the looks of the vessel sinks.  However, I just visited a friend in San Diego who has one in her guest bathroom.  If I didn't wipe out and dry the sink after every use, there were hard water marks that were hard to remove.

Jeannine

Take a glass bowl (vessel), cut a hole for the drain and set it on top of a counter.  Looks nice but you now have 3 surfaces to clean instead of just one.

Here's one in a Rexhall. Personally, I don't like them...looks like someone forgot to put in a sink so they plopped down a bowl.

Wendy

If you don't care for that type of unit you can order the regular style sink, at least with some brands you can.

DW and I saw one of those sinks for the first time last month in a Georgetown MH.  It looked so out-of-place we just laughed at it. 

Some of the people who design our RVs think dark colors look elegant and luxurious.  I've talked myself blue in the face telling them otherwise!  We knew one lady interior designer who finally quit in disgust because the men wouldn't listen to her.

As for those dumb sinks...wouldn't want one in my stick house much less an RV.

ArdraF

Thank you Ardra ! I am so tired of telling salesMEN that I want light wood and light colors and having them tell me that people think the dark colors look "richer" and that everyone wants the dark colors ! Well, I don't. I think the lighter colors and wood make the RVs seem brighter and bigger. Of course, the same salesmen tell me that women don't want the gas oven, they all want the convection oven. I want a gas oven. Not to say I'd say no to a convection oven but the gas oven comes first for me. Yes, I know you get extra drawers when you give up the gas oven but I don't care.

I'm convinced that the people who design RVs never live in them.

Wendy

And the people who designed RV "johns" never cleaned one!  Same goes for those teeny tiny spaces between the shower glass and the cabinet.

Margi

Wendy said:
Thank you Ardra ! I am so tired of telling salesMEN that I want light wood and light colors and having them tell me that people think the dark colors look "richer" and that everyone wants the dark colors ! Well, I don't. I think the lighter colors and wood make the RVs seem brighter and bigger...

The new Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28' DP comes with an off-white ("ivory cream") cabinet option...

AllegroRV [KodiakRV] said:
The new Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28' DP comes with an off-white ("ivory cream") cabinet option...

Ew, that's a little lighter than I like. Give me a light oak. But I do like the floorplan. Just curious - is there a benefit to having a diesel on a 29-footer?

Wendy

Wendy said:
Ew, that's a little lighter than I like. Give me a light oak. But I do like the floorplan. Just curious - is there a benefit to having a diesel on a 29-footer?

Wendy

14-15 mpg plus 5,000 lbs Cargo Carrying Capacity...

AllegroRV [KodiakRV] said:

Wow. Price? Is this your new MH? Hope they have one at the Pomona show. Hope they don't have one at the Pomona show. If it just had a small bedroom slide.....

Wendy

Wendy said:
"14-15 mpg plus 5,000 lbs Cargo Carrying Capacity... "

Wow. Price? Is this your new MH? Hope they have one at the Pomona show. Hope they don't have one at the Pomona show. If it just had a small bedroom slide.....

Wendy

I'm not sure on the price.  I heard someone mention $150K MSRP, but I don't know for certain...

No, we bought a 35' Allegro gas bunk model.  If it was just for DW and I all the time, I'd rather have a 28-footer.

Looks nice, but you better have a lightweight toad.  With the GCWR only 1000 lbs over the vehicle's GVWR, you only have 1000 lbs for the toad before it's weight starts subtracting from the Cargo Carrying Capacity.

Fill the 70 gallon water tank (600 lbs) and 24 gallon propane tank (100 lbs), have another 300 lbs of fluids in the black and grey tanks, add a 5000 lb toad (the capacity of the hitch) and you'll have used up all of the CCC before you add even a single can of beans.

Back
Top Bottom