Hi from SoCal! New Scamp owner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merlin75

Hey all! New (to me at least) Scamp 13' owner here in Sunny San Diego, CA!
My Dad had purchased this trailer several years ago and let it sit unused until it became an eyesore and nuisance to neighbors and the rest of the family decided it was time for it to move on.  Nobody else wanted it and it wasn't really in any shape to sell, so I decided to take it on as a project.
Photos attached of the Scamp as it sat when I went to retrieve it in Michigan. I will probably create a new thread under the Remodeling your RV section.

At any rate, the trailer is currently being towed here and I hope to see it this weekend, so look for more soon! (I'll try to edit this post later with a link to the remodel thread).

Attachments

• ScampLeftSide-s.png
    ScampLeftSide-s.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ScampRightSide-s.png
    ScampRightSide-s.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 31
Looks like an extensive cleaning job at any rate...have fun with the project, and keep the pictures of your progress coming.

welcome to the forum!

I have always liked the looks and weight of those little scamps. If it was only me, I would be full time in a scamp 5th wheel. But the boss can throw things accurately at 20 feet.

Keep us updated on the project.

Well, I don't know what the inside looks like but if it is dirty you will have a great little trailer when it is cleaned up. While fulltiming my wife and I saw quite a few of these out on the road. You will enjoy it once it's finished. Keep the pics coming.

Ray

In case you missed it, this guy may have the answer to the cleanup issue:  Well, I can't figure out right now how to link to a post, but use search, look for "cleaner" within the last two days.  It will pop right up as Wow, What a Difference.

They are great little units and nearly indestructible so you can get that looking like new in no time. You will need some good fiberglass cleaner and it will buff up and shine like brand new....

Good Luck and welcome aboard!

Jim

Those are cute little things aren't they.. I towed a 13 foot Scamp for several years before I upgraded slightly.. Finally I towed i up to General RV, dropped it off and came home in the Class A I'm sitting in now.. it is 13 foot wide.

I really liked that trailer.

Given it's age.. General RV ended up giving it to one of their technicians who had an argument with his significant other and it kind of became "The dog house" (As in "He was in the Dog House")  in which he slept for a while.

As I said, I really liked that trailer.

John From Detroit said:
Those are cute little things aren't they.. I towed a 13 foot Scamp for several years before I upgraded slightly.. Finally I towed i up to General RV, dropped it off and came home in the Class A I'm sitting in now.. it is 13 foot wide.

I really liked that trailer.

Given it's age.. General RV ended up giving it to one of their technicians who had an argument with his significant other and it kind of became "The dog house" (As in "He was in the Dog House")  in which he slept for a while.

As I said, I really liked that trailer.

Nice trade-up lol.. I doubt I'll have a similar story, at least not for a while ;-) 
I'd LOVE to have a Class A though, just not in the cards at this moment unfortunately.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Back
Top Bottom