Hi!!!Returnee to RVing with '76 Jamboree...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Howdy!

Returning after long absence to RVing. I have a 1976 Dodge Sportsman Jamboree. In love with the old gal already and I have only had her a day. Great floorplan with lounge style back end affords me plenty of spaciness for me and all my critters. I was in animal rescue for a
while and I have more then a few 'adoptess'....!

Jamboree in pretty good shape for her age. Needs a few things done of course.Plan on working on her over the summer/fall for maiden voyage into the hinterland planned for winter....or next spring.

Brand new to the Jamboree model...still looking to figure out what all the buttons and switches do.

If anyone has an owner's manual for this vehicle they don't need anymore or knows where I can get one...online ofcourse....please let me know.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with peeps here ..and maybe even getting some helpful hints and advice along the way.

Adios for now...
California_Gurrl
and her furry companeros!

Thanks very much for the friendly welcome!
Yes, I will be taking advantage of as much knowledge as I can...hope I don't become a pest.

I will be doing as much work as possible myself...on limited budjet right now....which is why the 76 Jamboree. Although, I do know that the older they are, the more work they are and repair costs can get $$$  ...I am infinately resourceful and as I picked out one that is in exceptionally good shape, I know the 'bones' are sturdy and the engine is solid so I have a good positive outlook. Right now my main problem is keeping the overhead air on long enough to get working on some interior issues. I live in an older building complex which has a chronic history of circuit breaker issues so the amperage being pulled to run the interior air is tripping the circuit. I also cannot get interior lights to run off the unit's (RV) batteries. Wondering if there is a short or faulty wire. ...ooops but perhaps this isn't the right section to post this technical stuff.

I am excited about owning an RV again. I have had a Dodge slant six truck with Road Runner cabover camper...that was my first...that truck was a 73 or 74"I think. The camper was way overweight on back of truck....but I travelled all over the country in it and only once had a problem. Then I had a Toyota Odyssey....that was a fantastic rig, but sadly did not travel much and then I sold her ....boo hoo....regret that sale to this day; miss that 22 RE engine.

Okay...so my 76 Jamboree is my third RV. Hoping to make it my best!

Any other Jamboree owners of this era out there??? I'd love to chat with you all.

Adios for now....

California_Gurrl
and her furry companeros

Hi. I just bought a 76 jamboree. I know it’s old but I don’t plan on driving it much and it was cheap. I was wondering if you ever found that owners manual?

Welcome to the forum. This post is 7 years old and the OP hasn’t been back since November of 2014.

Back
Top Bottom