Hi there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweetannie

My name is Anne and I have been RVing for a few years by following my brother and his wife in my 31' Jamboree GT Class C with a slide out.? My only problem is finding people to go with me if I don't tag along with my brother.? I have taken a few trips with a friend from Ft. Lauderdale where I live to Okeechobee KOA in central Florida.? That was nice but it would be nice to go to a rally or something.? I am retired and do a lot of charity work but don't want that RV sitting all the time and not being used, even with the gas prices today.? I am looking forward to meeting up with some other Florida people and getting together.

I know I will enjoy this site.? Hi all.

Anne

Hi Anne and welcome. We have a number of Florida residents here, so hopefully you'll be able to hook up with some folks.

Hello Anne, and welcome to the RV Forum.  As a single traveler, you might be interested in looking into a group called Singles International.  SI is an FMCA Chapter and I know they have a good time together, because we see them every year as a group at the FMCA rally in Brooksville, FL.

Look them up in the FMCA magazine, and then consider meeting them in Brooksville in February.  It's a great rally held at an airport where everyone parks on the runways.

It's a favorite rally we enjoy attending.

Annie,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  The are a few members in Florida.  You are welcome to attend any of the RV Forum Rallies.  While they may not be in Florida there are some in the South East and we have some here in the West.  Check the Calendar for dates and places.

Glad you found us.

Annie-
We live just up the road from you in Lake Worth.  We are still in the "looking for an RV" process but hope to have a new one by  year end.  We ar semi-retired (whatever that means) and looking forward to travelling around Florida as well as the rest of the country.  The KOA in Okeechobee is nice but there are so many other nice places to visit within the state.

Good luck in finding some travel mates....we will let you know when we are "in business."

Annie:

If you are looking for places and people to camp with I strongly urge you to join FMCA and a local FMCA chapter. Most local chapters (as opposed to the international chapters such as SI) hold a rally in the local area once a month.

You will meet many new friends, mostly in the 55-75 year old range who love to spend weekends discussing RVing, retirement, and other common interest topics. We have spent many of our weekends RVing or socializing with friends we met through our local FMCA chapter.

You can find information on the chapters including local contacts on the FMCA website, www.fmca.com . Call the contact and attend a rally as a guest to find out what the group is like. If it doesn't fir you should try other chapters.

Enjoy!

Jeff /Washington said:
Annie:

If you are looking for places and people to camp with I stgrongly urge you to join FMCA and a local FMCA chapter. Most local chapters (as opposed to the international chapters such as SI) hold a rally in the local area once a month.

You will meet many new friends, mostly in the 55-75 year old range who love to spend weekends discussing RVing, retiement, and other common interest topics. We have spent many of our weekends RVing or sociallizing with friends we met through our local FMCA chapter.

You can find information on the chapters including local contacts on the FMCA website, www.fmca.com . Call the contact and attend a rally as a guest to find out what the group is like. If it doesn't ftr you should try other chapters.

Enjoy!

Annie,

In addition to Jeff's recommendation I would very strongly recommend the Escapees club.  They also have a group for singles and you are welcome to any of the Escapees activities.  http://www.escapees.com .  We belong tp both the Escapees and FMCA and highly recommend both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom