High quality 5th wheel upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allscott

I currently have a 99 26' Vanguard and am looking to upgrade.  The Vanguard has been a fantastic unit but I'm looking for something a little bigger, with a few more features, and new.  I am looking for something in the 30' range with a couple of slides.  I have 3 kids so at least one set of bunks is a must.  I have also seen a few different models with outside kitchens.  That is something i would definately be interested in.

I plan on keeping the next unit for a long time so quality of construction is my #1 concern.  The last thing I need when I am on vacation is trouble with my camper.

Any recommendations on high quality 5th wheel manufacturers that would have models that would suit my needs.

Thanks in advance

Still shopping for our 5er, so am no expert in this.  Forest River is a brand that looks real good to me and a lot of owners rave about them.  The Cardinal, Cedar Creek, and Sierra models seem especially well liked.  You can check them out at:  http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/travel_trailers.asp

Monaco is another big name in RVs, especially motor homes.  They made some 5th wheels a few years ago but I'm not sure if they still produce them.

Good luck with your search.

Ed

We were looking at 5th wheels and I found that the Carriage (Cameo) is a really nice rig.  It was pricey, but it had all the amenities we were looking for. 

We are very happy with the quality and construction of our Carriage Carri-Lite.

Some of the top brands are Carriage, Nuwa (Hitchhiker), Excel, New Horizons, Holiday Presidential. But I suspect that any of the higher ranges from Keystone, Forest River, or K-Z would do well for you too.

Back
Top Bottom