Hitch came in handy on the freeway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are having problems with the hand, arm and eye, get yourself to a neurosurgeon as those are symptoms of damage to the spinal cord.  We just went through some of that with my wife.  Are you also having problems with balance, dragging your feet or any thing that indicates a less than normal function. Again the same concern applies as I have a balance problem due to a low back issue and am seeing a neurosurgeon next month to establish a date for surgery.  Backs and nerves are funny things and manifest injury symptoms in very subtle ways.

Actually I am surprised your family Dr. has not ordered an MRI to check for this type of problem.

Jim Godward said:
If you are having problems with the hand, arm and eye, get yourself to a neurosurgeon as those are symptoms of damage to the spinal cord.  We just went through some of that with my wife.  Are you also having problems with balance, dragging your feet or any thing that indicates a less than normal function. Again the same concern applies as I have a balance problem due to a low back issue and am seeing a neurosurgeon next month to establish a date for surgery.  Backs and nerves are funny things and manifest injury symptoms in very subtle ways.

Actually I am surprised your family Dr. has not ordered an MRI to check for this type of problem.

The doctor did say the impact straighten my neck (No curve).  Years ago I was told by another doctor that my neck had a reverse curve. 

No problem with dragging my feet and as for balance - it's the same as before.  But my lower back been hurting a lot lately since I started taking a muscle relaxer.  I can tell my spine is out of line.  This is where some of my previous medical history could come into the picture.

He did mention the possibility of getting an MRI but suggested waiting based on what he observed (x-rays & CT scan).  I will push for the MRI on my next visit or maybe even call the office to inquire about it sooner.

Thanks,
Terie

I don't know how you feel about chiropractic but our neurosurgeon recommended that I make use of  a chiropractor while waiting for my surgery as did the neurosurgeon I was going to in Long Beach when we lived in So. CA back in '99.

On the other hand my family Dr here is very opposed to them but I figure the neurosurgeon is a better expert on backs than a regular MD so I go to a Chiropractor.  :)

Jim Godward said:
I don't know how you feel about chiropractic but our neurosurgeon recommended that I make use of  a chiropractor while waiting for my surgery as did the neurosurgeon I was going to in Long Beach when we lived in So. CA back in '99.

On the other hand my family Dr here is very opposed to them but I figure the neurosurgeon is a better expert on backs than a regular MD so I go to a Chiropractor.  :)

I also think the services of chiropractic can be helpful.  My medical doctor said I can see one now but like your doctor his western medical training takes a different approach to treatment.  The chiropractic doctor that I usually go to is taking time off to spend with his ill mother so he hasn't been in the office much in the past 6 months or so.  There's a second doctor in the office but  I don't see any difference after treatment with him.  It's time to find another doctor to treat with.

I am seriously considering using a type of doctor that is a cross between a medical doctor and a chiropractic doctor but I can't think of the title.  I used one before when I messed up my knee at work which affected my back from walking funny.  I'm going to check with my medical doctor about this.

Please keep the good ideas coming and keep me updated on you!  I have some road blocks to take care of.

Terier said:
I am seriously considering using a type of doctor that is a cross between a medical doctor and a chiropractic doctor but I can't think of the title.  I used one before when I messed up my knee at work which affected my back from walking funny.  I'm going to check with my medical doctor about this.

Please keep the good ideas coming and keep me updated on you!  I have some road blocks to take care of.

Try an osteopath, does both and in CA I believe they are licensed same as an MD, in other words, the whole range of family practice and surgery as well as manipulatons.  One of the surgeons here is an DO.

I don't know of any DOs or chiropractors in Orange coounty any more.  When we are visiting we go to a wellness clinic in Long Beach or one in way west GG near where we used to live.

Chiropractic intervention can be amazing.  My wife (mid 30's, personal trainer, very fit and an avid runner) started having chest pains, shortness of breath, and numbness in her arms and hands a month or two ago.  Heart attack?!  Not.  She has no risk factors and went through every relevant medical test possible; two ER visits, EKG's, stress echo, chest CT, modifying her thyroid medication, all to no avail.  No MD has found anything wrong.

After a trip to our chiropractor, he discovered muscle tension and a pinched nerve in her shoulder and promptly explained every single symptom she has experienced.  He said medical tests WILL show these things, but doctors ignore them because it's "not what they are looking for" ...!  After her first adjustment aimed at this pinched nerve area, she felt amazing.  She is having a few chiro adjustments each week for a couple weeks, and expects to be back to normal shortly thereafter.  So much for the thousands of dollars that will be paid by us and our insurance company for the various hospitals and clinic visits. 

scottydl said:
Chiropractic intervention can be amazing.  My wife (mid 30's, personal trainer, very fit and an avid runner) started having chest pains, shortness of breath, and numbness in her arms and hands a month or two ago.  Heart attack?!  Not.  She has no risk factors and went through every relevant medical test possible; two ER visits, EKG's, stress echo, chest CT, modifying her thyroid medication, all to no avail.  No MD has found anything wrong.

After a trip to our chiropractor, he discovered muscle tension and a pinched nerve in her shoulder and promptly explained every single symptom she has experienced.  He said medical tests WILL show these things, but doctors ignore them because it's "not what they are looking for" ...!  After her first adjustment aimed at this pinched nerve area, she felt amazing.  She is having a few chiro adjustments each week for a couple weeks, and expects to be back to normal shortly thereafter.  So much for the thousands of dollars that will be paid by us and our insurance company for the various hospitals and clinic visits.

It's amazing how helpful it can be if you have the right chiropractor.  Getting the wrists and elbows adjusted can help after over doing it with a lot of typing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbo1502001!
Back
Top Bottom