Hitches & Brake Controllers...HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny

Just purchased a 2005 Glendale Titanium 32E37TS (GVWR 12,831), and will take delivery on the TV next week, a 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax 6.6 diesel standard bed.? Two issues I could really use some help with.

1.? Hitches....The TV is a standard (short) bed, which would suggest a slider is called for.? However, with the design of the Titanium (cab-over) can I safely install a non-slider hitch?? If a slider is called for, any recommendations?? I read on the forum some pretty unfavorable entries regarding the PullRite SuperGlide....something to do with king pin compatability.? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2.? Brake Controllers...From what I can find throughout the forum, the Tekonsha Prodigy seems to be very highly recommended, and I suspect this will most likely be my final choice in purchase.? However, as I was reading through the documentation that came with the 5er, I found that the axles/hubs/brakes were supplied by "Dexter Axle".? In reading their literature on brake controllers, they tout what they refer to as a "state-of-the-art inertial controller called the Predator Series DX2".? Just wondering if anyone could comment on the Predator, or make any other recommendations.

Many Thanks,
Danny ???

Back
Top Bottom