Home Solar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Historically, how long does it take for retail rates to double? Looking online at averages it's about 25 years and that's about the same rate as inflation.
I doubt you're looking at PG&E for CA.

Also, see here.

"On average, Auburn, CA residents spend about $267 per month on electricity. That adds up to $3,204 per year.

That’s 47% higher than the national average electric bill of $2,179. The average electric rates in Auburn, CA cost 33 ¢/kilowatt-hour (kWh),"

But as I explained before, I wasn't doing this to save money. More for the frequent power outages there. However, those outages have not been so bad lately. But most of those are in midsummer. I also just like the idea.

I also expect it to be a worse deal moneywise in the middle of the winter when the days are shorter.

Part of the cost issue is my PG & E bills are much cheaper than most others in Auburn even without the solar because I am not there all the time. So the more juice I use there, the better deal it becomes. It's now closer to a flat rate I pay every month.

I am not charging my EVs enough at my Auburn home lately! I don't drive the cars often this time of year and I can often get my charges on my motorcycles at no cost to me between Reno and Auburn as well as many other places I ride to.

What surprises me the most about all this is how the number of places to provide a free AC charge station to the public is on the increase in CA as the price of the electricity goes up.

But at least now at my Auburn house, I can use more electricity without worrying about the bill increasing as much.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom