Hot Water heater - connected to AC - thermostat needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

touk

Want to install AC heater element into water tank. Currently on propane only. Will it require a thermostat to control the water temperature?

Welcome to the forum. Is your water heater made by Suburban? Can you give us the make and model.
If you purchase a Hot Rod kit, it just may come with a thermostat

Welcome to the forum. Is your water heater made by Suburban? Can you give us the make and model.
If you purchase a Hot Rod kit, it just may come with a thermostat
It does.. I've installed one
Hot Rod kits (most any major RV store) come in 2 sizes 6 and 10 gallon. the 6 will always work (the 10 works faster but won't fit in a 6 gallon tank) they replace the drain plug or anode rod (Depending on the make) I do not recall if they are "Brand Specific" but as I recall. they are not.

I put a Hot Rodd in my tank earlier this year. One of the best adds ever. It has an adjustable thermostat as part of the kit.

I did have to modify the control/sensor unit to attach it to the curved surfaces of my Atwood tank. Ping me if you get to that point and want details.

Hot Rod kits (most any major RV store) come in 2 sizes 6 and 10 gallon. the 6 will always work (the 10 works faster but won't fit in a 6 gallon tank) they replace the drain plug or anode rod (Depending on the make) I do not recall if they are "Brand Specific" but as I recall. they are not.

Thank you for the info and am looking into it.Never heard of them and it sure looks like what I will get.Thanks again. John

I put a Hot Rodd in my tank earlier this year. One of the best adds ever. It has an adjustable thermostat as part of the kit.

I did have to modify the control/sensor unit to attach it to the curved surfaces of my Atwood tank. Ping me if you get to that point and want details.

Thank you.Just heard about hott rod from some members and am going to install one.Great info and much appreciated. John

Thank you.Heard from some members who agree with you totally and I do appreciate all advice.This forum is great. John

Thank you.Replies have been so helpful and I know what to do.I've never heard of the hot rod kit so I'm all set.I've also found out what kind of heater I have.!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom