how do you align Dish Network 500??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parkavenue

I am currently on a three week vacation and having more trouble than ever setting up my Dish satellite. I have just changed to the 500 which requires me to acquire both satellites. My old system just required 119 and I never had many problems setting up the system. I am using a Dish 500 mounted on a tripod and use the tuning meter to find and adjust to the satellite. I level the tripod and set the angles and skew per the book. I am having considerable difficulty getting BOTH the 110 and 119 satellite. What do you folks recommend as a process to help speed up the alignment process. THANK YOU very much.

I also have a dish 500 portable unit and it is a little more difficult to set up. The way I do it is first to put in the zip code to get the coordinates, then I set the elevation, then the azamuth and last the skew. So far this has worked for me. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky where the dish is pointed. Sometimes I can only get a 70 or 75 % signal even with a clear view.

Hope this helps you,

I agree, use zip code to obtain correct angles.  I also have another suggestion.  Dial in the 110 first.  I had the 500 at my home and this was the only way that I could get both satellites to work.  I beleive that the instructions tell you to dial in the 119 first, but this would not work for me.  Good Luck.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom