How do you take care of vinyl graphics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

Recently, I discovered a small section of graphics on my motorhome have begun cracking due to the sun exposure here in the desert. What do you do to protect your graphics on your RV? We are hoping to build an RV garage later this year to help protect from further sun damage. I was thinking of removing the graphics and applying new ones then have a paint shop add clear coat over the paint and graphics. What do you think?

Apply a product called 303, thats the name of the product and the company that makes it. 303 is high in a UV blocker that will save the decals if applied once per month.>>>Dan

Campfire RV said:
Recently, I discovered a small section of graphics on my motorhome have begun cracking due to the sun exposure here in the desert. What do you do to protect your graphics on your RV? We are hoping to build an RV garage later this year to help protect from further sun damage. I was thinking of removing the graphics and applying new ones then have a paint shop add clear coat over the paint and graphics. What do you think?

Just remove the vinyl graphics and have them painted on, painting clear over the top will be a waist of money.

Denny

Definitely do not clear coat over vinyl. If painted graphics fit your budget, do as Denny said and they'll last just about forever. Otherwise, just have them replaced with vinyl like Steve said. There are different levels of vinyl decals. The new ones will likely far outlast the OEM.

As far as care goes, the 303 product that utahclaimjumper mentioned is really good stuff and will give you the best protection. Generally, just regularly washing and gently waxing over the decals keeps them in nice shape. Some of them just fail because they're junk decals - ever seen a 3 year old Montana Fifth Wheel? ;)

Just replaced and updated my decals and the price was good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 31
JohnDale said:
Just replaced and updated my decals and the price was good.
Inquiring minds want to know - how much? The decals on my 2005 Adventurer are beginning to crack and roll up on the edges, so I'm figuring I've got about another year before needing to replace them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom