How fast is this guy going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should tilt your dash cam down a little. 2/3 of the screen is sky, and you cannot get a license number with the camera aimed so high.

You can only tell some people so often. They are going to do what they are going to do. Until it happens to them.

My brother had a 1970s era Honda 750 something or other. He loved flying around on that thing until one day he was at a stop light. A woman in an early 70s era Cadillac hit him from behind and knocked him into the intersection. A city trash truck just managed to stop before running him over. He ended up with some bruises but was otherwise OK. He sold the bike the next day and never rode again.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos going around right now that have a cam recorder on the rider of a motorcycle. The videos are just plain irritating. He deliberately taunts a police car, and then speeds up. The camera shows he's now doing speeds of more than 120 mph, back to 100, up to 120 or more. Of course, the police car can never catch up with him.... but DEATH WILL. I wonder if they'll put the crash on YouTube when it happens?

When I was 17 years old I was on a 1000 miles road trip from Indianapolis to Dallas, Texas on my motorcycle. I was somewhere in Arkansas on an interstate doing 70 mph when I had a sudden blow out on the rear tire (thank goodness it was the rear). I immediately lost control (mostly), but ended up off the road, down the embankment, over a ditch and ended up flinging into a barbed wire fence that kept me from flipping the motorcycle, being propelled off the motorcycle, and ended saving the motorcycle from damage, except for a few scratches from the barbed wire.

I had a tangled mess getting that barbed wire off me, the motorcycle, from around the motor cycle wheels, and my gear packed behind me.

I was finally able to get the motorcycle out and my gear was wedged between the rear tire and the fender and chain. I had to get all that cleared and was able to start the engine and walk it back to the road. And there I sat.

I evaluated my situation and saw a really, really old gas station at the bottom of the hill / incline, and walked the motorcycle with the flat tire and the engine running (about 3/4 of a mile).

It was no longer a gas station, but the guy who owned the shack did odd repair jobs. All I needed was 2 tire tools to remove the tire. I had all the other tools to remove the wheel and I found out all I needed was an old fashioned bicycle patch for a bicycle inner tube. I'd patched several tires myself at my uncle's gas station back home. He had what I needed. He didn't even want any money for the patch. I thanked him, got aired up and on my way.

To this day, I'm still shaking my head at what "could" have happened. Although I was perfectly legal at 70 mph, I never went that fast again. The rest of the trip was uneventful. (well ... almost uneventful).

So ya, it's quite obvious that idiot in that video doesn't realize the danger he's putting himself and other in.
I watch YouTube videos fairly often, usually about puppies and kittens and things. Do they not have a rule against posting illegal activity? Seems like that would be a violation.

You should tilt your dash cam down a little. 2/3 of the screen is sky, and you cannot get a license number with the camera aimed so high.
True enough. I have to crawl up on dash to mount the thing and usually have its WiFi turned on so we can connect to it and view what the camera sees on the phone. Failed to do that this time.

I also have experimented with the camera settings. HD, 4k, 30fps, 60fps, and haven't decided just what works best. In reality 4k on these tiny sensors is something of an illusion in any event.

I didn't post it but about 45 minutes after the original video, another bike and I assume the same guy, went tearing by us traveling at about the same speed. Guess he needed a break somewhere along the way before setting out again.

I watch YouTube videos fairly often, usually about puppies and kittens and things. Do they not have a rule against posting illegal activity? Seems like that would be a violation.
I'm with you - I watch YouTube for general humor and stupidity. Whenever I see something like "taunting police" or "fatal crash", I scroll on by. I guess some people get off on that sort of thing. With the illegal stuff, I always thought YouTube should have someone on staff to notify the authorities and maybe that kind of crap would stop being posted after a few people got busted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom