How Much Stuff Is Too Much Stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

I just emptied everything from my 5th wheel storage areas that I never used last season and wow, they're almost empty now!This is what I'm keeping onboard:

- Loaded toolbox
- Triangle flares & orange cones
- Wheel chocks
- Leveling blocks
- Water & sewer supplies (including filters)
- Compressor hoses & fittings
- Power & extension cords
- First aid kit
- Flashlights & lighters
- Bottled water

What am I missing and what's important to you???

Thanks Friends

Lawn chairs, a rug that drains for those sandy or wet sites, a plastic folding table we can eat at, Dutch Ovens with the charcoal and pans, grill and grill stand, high pressure air compressor. We keep first aid kits, flash lights and lighters inside, not in storage. Can you tell me we like to cook (and eat)?

Laundry detergent, oil/transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, spare sewer parts, clamps, fuses, etc. step ladder,

Ed

Indeed, wifey rides up with me as does the little man yorkie! We carry a couple of patio chairs and I made cedar end tables for each of us, I also made a cedar ice chest for cold drinks. I cook inside a lot but will carry a small charcoal grill for outdoor use.

Attachments

• IMG_3400.jpeg
    IMG_3400.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 79
Hfx_Cdn said:
Laundry detergent, oil/transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, spare sewer parts, clamps, fuses, etc. step ladder,

Ed

Yes indeed, thank you Ed

dremel tool, drill & bits.
dremel tool came in handy when I was 700 miles from home and forgot the key to the hardened locks on the toy hauler ramp.

I take cash. That way you can pack less stuff and buy the non essentials in case the need arises.

I think the question is not whether you have too much stuff, but rather whether you have purchased an RV which is too small.  ;D

It really does not matter what I carry.  If YOU did not use it last year, leave it out!

BTL, I also carry a Weber Q grill and a couple of chairs.

grashley said:
It really does not matter what I carry.  If YOU did not use it last year, leave it out!

I live by this.  It's amazing, but somehow the sawzall and 4" angle grinder have made the cut every year for the 3 years we've been full time.  Then there's the ever-growing bin of spare parts...

JackL said:
Kayaks, paddleboards and canoe

Jack L

JackL if you tow a 5ver how are you loading the kayaks? How long are they? Pics please. I'm in desperate need of a solution to this for a 12.5' kayak.

Back
Top Bottom