How readily available is towing/moving help ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dassame

Howdy folks,
This may be too hard a question(considering time,locale,circumstances etc)but... I plan on buying a 5w and putting it in a park for a year or so. Since it won't be moved or used(towing) for a long time I haven't been worried about the truck.Now however, after reading so much about the weight/safety aspect I'm a little concerned. I know folks with good size pickups(friends and family)that I figured I could count on to help move it for a year or so , but based on what I am learning they may not be able to handle a big 5w, so.... In antibody's experience , are there individuals or contractors that are readily available for such help?how do you find them?what or how do they charge? I know this is a little tough but advise is appreciated.
Thanks

Are there contractors who can deliver it to wherever you want? Yes,  How else would a large 5-er get from the factory to the dealer

Smaller trailers may be loaded on a flat bed but large 5-ers normally get to the dealer the same way they leave, on a tractor (Either a heavy duty pick up or a modified Semi Tractor)  Personally.. I like the modified semi tractors better for this job.  The mod is different (sometimes) brake controls and a smaller 5th wheel

dassame said:
Howdy folks,
This may be too hard a question(considering time,locale,circumstances etc)but... I plan on buying a 5w and putting it in a park for a year or so. Since it won't be moved or used(towing) for a long time I haven't been worried about the truck.Now however, after reading so much about the weight/safety aspect I'm a little concerned. I know folks with good size pickups(friends and family)that I figured I could count on to help move it for a year or so , but based on what I am learning they may not be able to handle a big 5w, so.... In antibody's experience , are there individuals or contractors that are readily available for such help?how do you find them?what or how do they charge? I know this is a little tough but advise is appreciated.
Thanks

I would imagine most dealers would know individuals who will transport an RV to whatever park you need. I work part time at a dealership and we have at least three individuals who contract to do this.

In antibody's experience , are there individuals or contractors that are readily available for such help?how do you find them?what or how do they charge? I know this is a little tough but advise is appreciated.

Not having partaken of the service myself, nor knowing were you live, I cannot make a specific recommendation.  However, a Google search on RV hauling gave me some lads that you can see HERE.    Bit more searching should get you others.

woodartist said:
Make sure they are insured. I know of people with trucks and hitches who move 5th wheels, but are not insured to do so.

Actually, I believe that services that haul in interstate commerce have to have an ICC ticket.  Maybe of our commercial truckers here can comment on this.

Back
Top Bottom