How to wire the coach batteries of a 2004 Itasca meridian class A motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doc Bee

Last fall I had a mechanic take out my batteries. It was easy to get the engine batteries back in. The coach batteries though have not worked and there are three loose wires that I can't figure out where they should go. I took it to a place that works on trailers and they could not figure it out. Can anyone tell me how to wire the batteries? I have them in parallel but they are not going to the house and there are these three extra wires. Please help or send me a picture of your coach batteries correctly wired including these three loose connections. I am using 12 volt deep cycle batteries.

You really need to trace those mystery wires back and see where they go, and see if there are any other missing wires.

Generally, one wire will go from battery negative to chassis ground, but you still need to identify which wire that is. All other wires typically go to battery positive. If you have multiple batteries, the set is wired in parallel.
You can find the wiring diagram for your coach on the Winnebago website under Owner Resources - Guides & Diagrams. Look up your year/make/model.

A picture of what you have would help a lot. Just 3 wires with no hint of what they are leaves us guessing.

Welcome aboard Doc Bee. You've hit a great site. Agree with Kirk that some pics would help.

If they are "circuit" sized wires and not battery cables I could guess that one of them might be the battery relay but it's really a guess at this point.

Back
Top Bottom