Howdy from a single parent RVer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usmcmech

Hello all, I'm a single dad of 5 kids. We live in Fort Worth TX, and I'm a pilot by trade. My late wife loved traveling with our kids and I love making memories together.

We have been traveling in our trailer for the past 4 years. We have covered 37 states over the past four summers. I'm trading in my trailer for a 2015 Jayco Seneca next week and we plan on continuing our travels.

tempImageZByrPg.jpg

tempImageof9WIb.jpg

tempImagetVNIMK.jpg

Welcome, Nevada really stands out on that map, I suspect it is going to be a chore to fill that one in.

Geeze, no sticker for Yosemite, no sticker for the Grand Canyon, no sticker for Death Valley. Maybe you could pick those up when you circle back to pick up Nevada.
No judgement, though. You've got lots of states I haven't picked up yet.

Geeze, no sticker for Yosemite, no sticker for the Grand Canyon, no sticker for Death Valley. Maybe you could pick those up when you circle back to pick up Nevada.

That's on the schedule for next summer. My late wife had a dream of visiting every national park in the US, so we are continuing that goal. It will take another couple of summers but we will get there.

Right on. A worthy goal.
Sorry to hear about your wife, I lost my wife of 44 years a year ago next Saturday.
At least all my kids are in their 30's-40's. Not sure I could have raised our pack(5 boys)alone. Was hard enough with the 2 of us.

I commend your fortitude. I really have nothing of great value to add, but I minor suggestion that well during our road trips with kids days (some years ago). As soon as one was old enough to read and understand, we got said to be a navigator for the driver. A navigator greatly unloads the driver, but if said is the other driver, then neither gets meaningful off-time. Besides, this way you are also training another driver to be available in a few (too short) years.
Most of all, enjoy the journey.
Matt

Welcome to the forum!

Once you manage to fill all the dots of the lower 48, head north to Alaska and then you can continue your map quest with the awesome Canadian provinces and territories. Tons of neat places to explore up here :cool:

Back
Top Bottom