Howdy, hola, and hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquamaureen

Good day, everyone.  My husband and I are Canadians currently living in Calgary.  We RV'd in a motorhome with our two daughters many, many years ago.  In fact, one year we spent 10 months touring North America.  Now that we are retired, we are seriously considering buying a new-to-us motorhome and hitting the road again.  I found this forum while searching for information on various motorhomes before we take the big step and purchase one.

Canadians Eh? lol. Hearty welcome. Think I would try frequent traveling for a while before deciding on the full time life style. Would hate to get so deep into it a person finds its too late to chicken out.

Uncleshiloh has a great suggestion. I think the best thing to do would be to rent an RV for a few weekends to make sure you really like the lifestyle. A lot has changed since you last went camping.

There are many choices that can be made these days in the motorhome decision process, and it will serve you well to look at as many as you can find, if only to get the idea of what is available, what they look like, and how much they can cost. Then decide if you can live like that.

You can also spend some time here on the Forum reading the various posts from those who are about to make or who have made the type of decision you are facing and see what their collective experience tells you.

We spent one night in a friends 34' Winnebago, never were in an RV park, ended up in a 38' diesel pusher, went full timing 30 months ago, and never looked back. That's not normal, but it shows to go you that there's more than one way to skin a cat, and nobody's way is right or wrong, just different.

Your ability to adapt and adjust to things that happen to a house that rolls down the road at 60mph will define how much fun this can be...for us, it's been a blast, we're in a new coach, and we have not looked backed once. We hope your experience is as pleasant.

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom