Hydraulic Levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkriedel

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but read irv2 and rv.net pretty frequently.  Thought I'd test this one out ;)

I have a question about the levelers.  People say to check the fluid levels from time to time- but I don't know where the fluid reservoir is?  I don't recall seeing anything about it in the manual (though, it could be that it was right in front of my face)..

Like my sig says, I have a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V.

Thanks in advance!
-m

Hi and welcome!  Look around the forum and be sure and check out the library.  Let any staff know if you have questions about the board.

My HWH reservoir is under my front steps, but I'm not sure about yours.  Stick around a while and hopefully we can come up with an answer for you.   

I believe your Suncruiser is similar to our 01 Adventurer as far as the location of the HWH reservoir is concerned.  Ours is in the engine compartment below and in front of the radiator to the passengers side.  It has a chrome plated vent/fill cap on the top of the tank.  The cap has a dipstick attached to the underside for checking the oil level.  You might be able to unscrew the cap by hand, but if not there's a set of wrench lands below the vent section.  I can't remember the size.

Be sure the slides are in and the jacks are in the stored position before checking the oil.  If it needs oil use either DexronIII or HWH oil.  The only difference is that the Dexron has red dye in it.  Ours came from the actory with the Dexron.

I have a 2008 sunrise 32H.  My resivor is located behind the driver's seat.  It can re reached through the outside compartment.  On the left interior wall there will be a plate held by four screws.  remove these screws and plate and there is the resivor.  On top of the resivor is the cap.

Welcome aboard M!  As you see, we have a lot of collective knowledge and love to share it.  It is a very friendly group.  Don't over look our library, either.  There is some pretty good info there.

Check in all the storage compartments and you ought to be able to find the hydraulic reservoir & pump for your HWH system.  Mine is about halfway back on the driver's side, waaaay "in" the storage compartment that also houses the generator.  The first time I saw it I thought it was an air compressor.  You never know where they stick those things (or any other component for that matter) when they put these rigs together.  ;)

olly72 said:
I have a 2008 sunrise 32H.  My resivor is located behind the driver's seat.  It can re reached through the outside compartment.  On the left interior wall there will be a plate held by four screws.  remove these screws and plate and there is the resivor.  On top of the resivor is the cap.

Yep!  Put out your street side slide and climb under your motorhome....its right behind the driver's seat!  :)

olly72 said:
I have a 2008 sunrise 32H.  My reservoir is located behind the driver's seat.  It can re reached through the outside compartment.  On the left interior wall there will be a plate held by four screws.  remove these screws and plate and there is the reservoir.  On top of the reservoir is the cap.

I have a 37 foot Sightseer.  Our reservoir is located in the same place.  And, oh by the way, the cap doesn't twist off; you have to pull it off.  You can also access it by extending the street side front slide.  Make sure you have flexible long neck funnel to use when filling the reservoir.  And FYI, if your owners manual, like mine, tells you to use Dexron II, forget about it!  It has been replaced by Dexron III or higher. (Funny that the manual cites Dexron II, but the label on the reservoir cites Dexron III.) 

In my 99 37 foot suncruiser the unit is in the right rear, basically under the water tank.  Takes a wrench to get the breather cap off, the cap has a stubby dipstick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom