I am gonna drive this thing down a boat ramp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamjeff

I am going to put a dollar on the seat and drive this 99 THOR/Ford into a lake so that i can tell people that i threw some money away. I am on my first trip and i need service for the front suspension/steering and there is none to be had. I habe been sequestered in Pasco, WA for six days now with no hope of getting needed repairs even looked at. Come on winter - goodbye relaxing vacation!

Sorry you're having troubles.

Is the unit still drivable? What type of issues are you having that Ford can't help with?

Ford dealer, truck repair facility, RV dealer with service dept, truck or RV mobile repair, even a tech school for automotive repair if there are still any around. I was stuck in Indianapolis over the 500 weekend one year a long time ago, then more recently in Virginia Beach for a week. Tests creative problem solving! Good luck.

RV dealers are mostly useless for chassis work and Ford dealers often can't handle large vehicles in their car & SUV facilities, but most any heavy truck shop can do it easily. You didn't say what sort of steering/suspension problem you have, but few of them are difficult for a competent shop.

Have you Googled "Pasco WA truck repair"? I see several shops that should be able to help. But maybe they are already booked heavily?

This all started last Thursday I went to Broadmoor RV camping world Jack's Pacific North equipment and Les Schwab tire and I went to the Ford dealer and they told me that this service could be done in Spokane so now I'm at a small independent shop

The biggest lie the dealer told me when I bought my Class C brand new was how I could just take it into any Ford dealer for engine and chassis work! HA!!! The shop door is too narrow or too short, or they don't have a jack big enough, or their employees don't know how to work on that gas engine, etc. etc. etc.

Over the years, however, I have found a couple of places that would work on mechanical things on my motorhome. Believe it or not, one is the gas station on the way into Bryce Canyon. They have several large bays and are used to working on big RVs as well as medium-duty trucks. Plus, the national park shuttle starts right outside of their station, so you can spend the day sightseeing while they are working on your rig. Another is a small place in near Solon, OH, which is south of Cleveland.

Which reminds me. I need to get a front-end wheel alignment. Anyone know of a place in Las Vegas, which is where I will be next week??

You need a Ford COMMERCIAL truck dealer. Your local Ford dealer isn't going to have the right tools to work on a heavy duty Ford chassis. These are the guys that the ambulance service uses to repair their rigs.

I looked it up for you, the closest Ford commercial truck dealer is Way Scarff Ford Commercial Trucks in Auburn, WA.
Phone is 888-394-6998.

Another tip for you:
Ford 650 and 750 chassis are made in a "joint venture" with Navistar so you may have decent luck calling your local International dealer if your chassis is that heavy.

The biggest lie the dealer told me when I bought my Class C brand new was how I could just take it into any Ford dealer for engine and chassis work! HA!!! The shop door is too narrow or too short, or they don't have a jack big enough, or their employees don't know how to work on that gas engine, etc. etc. etc.

Over the years, however, I have found a couple of places that would work on mechanical things on my motorhome. Believe it or not, one is the gas station on the way into Bryce Canyon. They have several large bays and are used to working on big RVs as well as medium-duty trucks. Plus, the national park shuttle starts right outside of their station, so you can spend the day sightseeing while they are working on your rig. Another is a small place in near Solon, OH, which is south of Cleveland.

Which reminds me. I need to get a front-end wheel alignment. Anyone know of a place in Las Vegas, which is where I will be next week??
Larry H Miller Ford in Mesa, Arizona is Ford commercial truck certified, you can probably find something closer. That was just a quick Google search.

Last edited:
The problem is that those places are seldom where I am, and right now I am in Eugene, Oregon, headed south to Ashland, OR, on Friday, and onward to Las Vegas. I have been here only three days to visit my doctor and do some needed shopping. I will be in the LV area for about a month, so was hoping to find a place there that can align the front wheels on my vehicle. Don't need engine work right now.

Also, my motorhome is a Class C built on an e-450 SuperDuty chassis with a v10 gas engine. It is a medium-duty chassis, not a heavy-duty chassis. I have spent the last two months along the Washington and Oregon coasts, avoiding major cities and moving every week or so. I was hoping to find a place in LV since I will be there for a longer time period.

Thanks, but I went to that Ford dealer in Mesa a couple of years ago and will not go back. Bad experience.
Boyer Trucks in Minnesota and Wisconsin if you're up this way seems to have a lot of happy customers - at least I see their name on a lot of heavy commercial equipment and haven't ever heard a bad word from anyone about them and I used to work in a company where I certainly would have heard bad things.

The Ford dealer in Kingman, AZ worked on my Class A when it blew out the first spark plug. I was not happy with the bill. I had an independent shop in Las Cruces, NM do the 2nd one...for around 1/4 the price.

Better to blow it up and tell folks you just blew a lot of money. Break downs suck. We have all been through it one time or another. But, either do your homework in advance on repair facilities in states you’re going to drive through or join a club that has this information for repairs and let them find you a repair facility. But for now, what was mentioned above, call some big trucking sales business to see if they can work on it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom