I bought my own land, would you consider a camper in these circumstances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
azrairc said:
TL;DR

-Bought land

-Zoning is okay

-Hooking up into ready well / septic / electric

-Researched a ton but scattered brained by all the factors

-budget for RV is about 20-25K

-would be living in it 5 years minimum before I can afford to build a small house

-Want to stay OUT of debt

Any insight, thoughts, on how you might proceed in my circumstances would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

azrairc
Unlike "RVs" and "park models", MOBILE HOMES, (aka: trailer houses), are HOUSES built for year round living.

While there may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation, it still bugs me when someone joins the forum, asks a very detailed questions, gets a number of thoughtful responses, but is never heard from again even this many months later.

jymbee said:
While there may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation, it still bugs me when someone joins the forum, asks a very detailed questions, gets a number of thoughtful responses, but is never heard from again even this many months later.
That's why with me, first time posters get a small answer, and I get more involved as they seem to engage.  I have written too many detailed responses for what I feel will never be used information.

NY_Dutch said:
I usually take the approach that my post may benefit someone else if not the OP...
:)) :))  Ya, but not the subject of this post and it's circumstances.  lol. 
Sometimes I do think people are in a panic to resolve something and post looking for an answer, and maybe find their answer elsewhere, and carry on. 

So long as zoning allows I see no problem with the plan. THough it is true that RV's are not (usuially) Designed for full timing i've been living in mine for over a decade with the only breaks being a few nights in the old body shop (Hospital not auto body)  Just be aware you may wind up causing a zoning change to happen.. Folks don't like to see people living the good life.

Just get a loan and build the house. Pay it off as fast as possible. If you can save up to build it in 5 years you can pay it off in 5 years so why waste 20k plus trying to stay out of debt.

OP not been back since 1st post in June 2019......... not sure theres much point in proferring more advice at this point.

Back
Top Bottom