I have power to the outlets, but none of the lights work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowbird07

I have power to the outlets, but none of the lights work and it shows overload on the panel. Don't know where I should check first.  This is Monaco diplomat 1998.

Power to the outlets are 110 vac; where as, the power to the lights may all be or at least most 12 vdc.  I would check your house batteries and the connections.  You might also have a blown 12vdc fuse.

Another thing that sometimes catches people by surprise.. Now in my RV often SOME lights (like the one over the sink) will work  but others (Living room) do not.. WHY.. well turns out there is a second switch in the circuit, both must be on,, Same for the bathroom and bedroom.

There is Also an inline fuse from the battery that will cause this problem. Also check the reverse polarity fuse in the fuse box. Should be a 30-40 amp fuse.

A lot of coaches also have a "salesman switch" which cuts all coach 12volt. Often forgotten.
jor

Took a friend's motorhome in for service and had no 12v power when they were done.  Finally found the 12v house battery switch inside the entry door was turned off.

Thanks for all info from everyone. We ended up having to buy 4 new batteries, everything seems to be working now.

Back
Top Bottom