If you actually BOUGHT an RV from Cruise America, would like to hear from you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roborider

I'm planning to buy an RV from Cruise America, a refurbished 2015 Thor Majestic 28a, with 106K miles on it, for $26K.  E450 with V10 engine, basic but more than adequate.  No TV, no slides, no ladder, no awning.

From what I can find, it's a good deal.  Nothing on the private market comes close in model year, newest of same size for that price is a 2008-2010, and most of those have slightly fewer miles of 75K+.

There are lots of comments on this forum on why buying a rental is dumb, bad idea, etc.    I don't really want to hear from those observers with opinions (that are often worth just what one pays for them).

Who I would really like to hear from are those of you who actually BOUGHT or have owned a former Cruise America motorhome, and your experiences (good and bad, please).  I'm especially interested if you bought the extended warranties (either or both the Powertrain and the "Body of Motorhome" packages), and also with any service issues you've encountered and at what mileage points these occurred.

Thanks in advance for your informed stories!

I didn't but I have read a lot of posts by those who did (not necessarily all from Cruise America though) .......... almost all positive.  If you haven't found this site, you might find it interesting reading; there are over 100 posts in the thread!

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26035008.cfm

Good luck in the hunt, and safe travels.

We have owned an ex rental from Cruise America.
travelling for six months at a time over 4 years and covering 12500 miles per year, we had no major problems - only routine or preventative maintenance.
On occasions when we needed parts like a new external mirror, shower screen parts, and a window flyscreen, Cruise America were great with assistance and delivery anywhere in the states, provided we could supply the original fleet number from the keytag.

We did not purchase any warranties.

youracman said:
I didn't but I have read a lot of posts by those who did (not necessarily all from Cruise America though) .......... almost all positive.  If you haven't found this site, you might find it interesting reading; there are over 100 posts in the thread!

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26035008.cfm

Good luck in the hunt, and safe travels.

Thanks very much! 

I've purchased the 28A and will pick it up on Thursday!  :)

flexitdriver said:
We have owned an ex rental from Cruise America.
travelling for six months at a time over 4 years and covering 12500 miles per year, we had no major problems - only routine or preventative maintenance.
On occasions when we needed parts like a new external mirror, shower screen parts, and a window flyscreen, Cruise America were great with assistance and delivery anywhere in the states, provided we could supply the original fleet number from the keytag.

We did not purchase any warranties.

Thanks very much - very useful info from your real experience.

I've decided to purchase the Drivetrain Warranty but not the coach one - will see if that was a waste of $$ or not, but I'm considering it as insurance against a major repair.

Appreciated, and safe travels!

Yes I bought a 2014 Majestic 23A from Cruise America with 102000 miles. Kept it for 3 yrs came with new paint, new michlins tires. I ran it hard from Virginia to Sturgis SD twice, to Daytona Beach FL 3 times and Myrtle Beach twice. Plus numerous shorter trips. Never leaked or burned a drop of oil. Plus I was pulling a 7'X18' 2 axle trailer with both our Bikes. Not one bit of trouble. I did buy driveline warranty but never needed it. Only reason for selling was we upgraded to a Class A with 2 slides. Just do your due diligence when inspecting it.

I've had my 2006 Thor Majestic 23A for 9 years now. It had 136K MI when I bought it, now 153K. A lot of great camping with this rig. Repairs were minimal the first 5 or 6 years but the last 2 years have been expensive: headers & rear brakes to pass 2021 inspection; transmission leak and front brakes in 2020; I have 3 new tires that I have to get installed on it. The genset has been finicky since day one. I'll keep this rig as long as my yearly repair costs are less than a year of RV payments. Once my repairs for a given year exceed 5K, I'm done.

We just bought a 2016 Majestic 28a from a private owner who purchased it 18 months ago from Cruise America. It still has three years on its warranty. Wish us luck! P.S. Does anyone know of any forums dedicated to Cruise America camper owners?

Congrats on your motorhome. I don't know of any Cruise America/Majestic forums. However, the equipment on a Majestic is the same as or similar to other motorhomes. So, any questions or concerns can likely be answered by our motorhome experts on this forum.

BTW - Do you have any trips planned?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom