If you could, what would you tell your teenage self?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worry less about other people's expectations for you, and concentrate on your own. Fortunately didn't have to get much past teenage years before I figured that out.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Actually, I didn't make too many bad decisions as a teen that grossly affected my future.

However, I would try to convince my younger self to not pursue the career I was set on doing, but to select a different path. I have no regrets doing what I did, but if I could do it over, I'd choose a different career choice, the one I finally retire from, not the one I went to college for.

Learn how to manage money. Put away as much as you can for things you want.
It will pay off when in the long run. When we got married at 20, wife 19, we started putting 10% of our paychecks into investment accounts, nothing major. When we got better jobs, we put more and more away. Now that we are both retired, SS and pensions along with the RMD's from the investments, we are living very comfortable.

I was laser-focused on others' expectations of me and neglected getting after some things I wanted for myself. I'd have told myself to be more authentic and follow my own beat.

When I was a teenager, I didn't take advice from anyone as old as I am now so what would be the point?
But, I think the question implies that "older you" is speaking to the "younger you" with the latter realizing who he/she is. Not just "anyone".

Kind of like the Ghost of Christmas Past. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom