If you were buying a small Class A??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think navigation is the least of our worries. We do great using our phone nav when we need to get thru the snarl of city traffic. Portland, OR is horrible!
Wow, I just read the post about poor quality control. It's getting really confusing wanting to get something newer than our 98 Four Winds and still have a nice unit! Our 98 has a lot of wind noise and rattles driving down the road. We feel like we would be throwing away money by remodeling/updating it any further. My rational tells me "don't look at anything older than a 2012-13". But, you gentlemen make a very good point in saying "look into something from 2007-08", before the economy tanked and quality went down the crapper.
We aren't in a big hurry to buy. So, we will keep exploring older, as well as newer units.
Thanks again for all the input!
Pat

If you end up looking at something diesel powered, I would actually suggest pre-07 when the EPA started mandating DEF

Well, It's been a month since posting this thread and things have changed considerably. We said our goodbyes to our 98 Chateau yesterday and watched it drive away. We decided to stay with a Class C coach, narrowed it down to 4 brands & floor plans, then narrowed it to two brands. The final contenders were the Forest River Forester 3051s w/overhead entertainment center. And, the Thor four winds 31W w/entertainment center. We noticed the Quantum WS31, but they were all out of our budget. After searching classified ads continually I found one that fit all the criteria. We made a deal on a 2016 Quantum WS31 in South Carolina. We have had an inspection done, only one minor issue with an ice maker fitting. Even with the expense of flying back East, it will still be several thousand less than buying near us in WA. We are looking forward to the adventure driving it home!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom