Illinois Gun Ban Struck down by supreme court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

99WinAdventurer37G

Fairfax, Va. - The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled today that Illinois' total ban on carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home or business is unconstitutional. The case involves lead plaintiff Mary Shepard, an Illinois resident and a trained gun owner, who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun in both Utah and Florida. The National Rifle Association is funding this case. The Illinois State Rifle Association is a co-plaintiff in this case.

"Today's ruling is a victory for all law abiding citizens in Illinois and gun owners throughout the country," said Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of NRA. "The court recognized that the text and history of the Second Amendment guarantee individuals the right to carry firearms outside the home for self-defense and other lawful purposes. In light of this ruling, Mary Shepard and the people of Illinois will finally be able to exercise their Second Amendment rights."

The above was Copy & pasted from Texas State Rifle Association email.

I'm taking that this now means it's safe to carry a loaded weapon in IL in the MH, but will wait until I have that discussion with my attorney.  I will update this thread when I get his feedback.

Just a thought but just by virtue of the name "motor home" would that not allow a concealed weapon inside it? Maybe I would have to throw it away when it becomes a vehicle and starts moving down the higway.

Folks, this topic has only one place to go. So, regrettably, I've locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom