I'm New here, Need recommendation for 3 night overnight near LAX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That should be OK. Is it the Hollywood RV on Balboa in Van Nuys? From that location to LAX will probably be about an hour or so. The return maybe longer cause later in the afternoon traffic is going that way.

EDIT: Wait... Isn't this Memorial Day weekend? When is the holiday, on Monday? Traffic may be a bit lighter.
Correct Hollywood RV

Super Shuttle, easiest way to safely get around in the LAX area. Send an email to the contact in the link, find out where the closest place they can get her to where you will be. Its worth the money. I rode the Super Shuttle in 1989 from Long Beach Airport to LAX and was highly impressed with their service. I commented to the driver about the Goodyear Eagle tires on the van and he said the owner only wanted the very best, believing they would have less trouble with quality tires.

Charles

Another option is the Van Nuys Flyaway. It's 5 minutes from the Hollywood RV park. The Van Nuys Airport is between the RV park and the Flyaway otherwise you could walk to it in 15 minutes. The Flyaway is a bus that goes between Van Nuys Airport and LAX. You could easily get an Uber from Hollywood RV park to the Flyaway. Take the bus to the airport and take the Flyaway back. Cost is $9.75 per person each way.

UPDATE: Steve the owner of the Balboa RV park was super helpful. Used the FlyAway bus service from Van Nuys to LAX. Literally a million people at LAX so the Flyaway bus line was very long to come back. UBER app wasn't working on my phone, so took a Taxi back to Balboa RV park.

Successful wife pick up at LAX, Immigration line was only 5 minutes. AMAZING.

Next stop, Pacific Coast Highway towards the Red Woods. Thanks again!

UPDATE: Steve the owner of the Balboa RV park was super helpful. Used the FlyAway bus service from Van Nuys to LAX. Literally a million people at LAX so the Flyaway bus line was very long to come back. UBER app wasn't working on my phone, so took a Taxi back to Balboa RV park.

Good to hear! I stayed at Balboa (Hollywood) RV Park for 4 years while I was working in L.A. Steve and his staff are the best.

Be aware Pacific Coast Highway (CA 1) is closed through scenic Big Sur due to continuing landslide cleanup from last winter's unusually wet storms. You can get to Hearst Castle from the south but otherwise you'll have to take US 101 from San Luis Obispo to Monterey.

North of San Francisco parts of CA 1 are very narrow and twisty in places like north of San Francisco to Stinson Beach and again north of the Russian River (Jenner) in Sonoma County. It's barely changed since it was carved out of the ocean cliffs in the 1930s. US 101 is the route through the Redwoods, then it becomes the Coast Hwy in Oregon and Washington. You can get updates and current conditions on California highways here, most states have similar websites.

Division of Traffic Operations - Road Information - California Highway Information

Always good to hear, after multiple folks here provide suggestions and comments, that you take the time to post the update. Seems too often for whatever reason someone joins here, asks questions, gets very helpful information and never comes back with what happened. Good on you.

Always good to hear, after multiple folks here provide suggestions and comments, that you take the time to post the update. Seems too often for whatever reason someone joins here, asks questions, gets very helpful information and never comes back with what happened. Good on you.
It may take me a while to respond but respond I will...:)

Good to hear! I stayed at Balboa (Hollywood) RV Park for 4 years while I was working in L.A. Steve and his staff are the best.

Be aware Pacific Coast Highway (CA 1) is closed through scenic Big Sur due to continuing landslide cleanup from last winter's unusually wet storms. You can get to Hearst Castle from the south but otherwise you'll have to take US 101 from San Luis Obispo to Monterey.

North of San Francisco parts of CA 1 are very narrow and twisty in places like north of San Francisco to Stinson Beach and again north of the Russian River (Jenner) in Sonoma County. It's barely changed since it was carved out of the ocean cliffs in the 1930s. US 101 is the route through the Redwoods, then it becomes the Coast Hwy in Oregon and Washington. You can get updates and current conditions on California highways here, most states have similar websites.

Division of Traffic Operations - Road Information - California Highway Information
Good info, thank you

Back
Top Bottom