Inflatable Seals - Slideouts etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

I still get a lot of engineering stuff to support my various hobbies and received a message with this URL in it about inflatable seals.

I know some are getting or have new RVs with these seals so thought it might be of interest.  It is really more than you ever wanted to know but it may be useful to some.  VBG

http://www.machinedesign.com/ASP/viewSelectedArticle.asp?strArticleId=60029&strSite=MDSite&Screen=FAST&catId=369

Jim,

Prevost has been using inflatable seals for their slides. They are neat but don't stop all leaks. Just ask Terry Nathan. When the seal deflates for bringing the slide in the air is blown across the slide top. Tends to blow any twigs and leaves off so the top is clean when it comes in.

Not the same thing but I have an inflatable sewer connection. It really is great for those sites that aren't threaded. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere now. They must have quit making them. Hope mine lasts for a while!

We have had inflatable seals on aircraft doors for a long time. The well engineered (expensive) systems work as advertised but the inexpensive add-ons were a nightmare to maintain and when they don't work you have no seal at all.

Next time you get a chance look at a Foretravel.  They have been using inflatable seals for years. There is no *lip* on their slides so they fit flush with the side and the air seal completely seals the gap.  I have not heard of anyone having trouble with these seals.  Happy Trails

Back
Top Bottom