Input needed on Good Ride Radial (Japanese) for fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jane Ann

After having FOUR blowouts with Carlisle tires (see info on class action suit) I am searching for the best tire for my 28' Cardinal fifth wheel. Tire Discounters is recommending a 10 ply, E range, "Good Ride" Radial tire, made in Japan (he claims there are NO tires made in the U.S. - I am going to check out www.denmantire.com that I saw mentioned on this site). They are about $100 apiece - glad to pay it if they are good and reduces blowouts!

Thanks in advance!

Jane Ann

With that many blowouts the thought comes to mind as to how much weight were you loading on those tires.  What is the GVWR for your Cardinal and what does it weigh when loaded for travel?  If you are overweight then changing tire brands may very well not help.

Thanks Ron - I will indeed check that (not sure how), but I suspect that we are "in range". If you do a bit of research, you will find there is a class action suit against Carlisle Tire - apparently there are LOTS of folks that have had "issues" with their products. For a time, their production was in China and quality control went out the window - I was told this by a Carlisle Tire employee. I want to buy the best tire this time around!

Jane Ann

Jane Ann said:
Thanks Ron - I will indeed check that (not sure how), but I suspect that we are "in range". If you do a bit of research, you will find there is a class action suit against Carlisle Tire - apparently there are LOTS of folks that have had "issues" with their products. For a time, their production was in China and quality control went out the window - I was told this by a Carlisle Tire employee. I want to buy the best tire this time around!

Do not be too sure that you are in range.   A scan of the tire offering indicate that there are damn few offerings above 3000 lbs max load in ST tires, the bare minimum for a two axle 12,000 lb GVWR trailer.

Back
Top Bottom