Internet at FMCA rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky said:
If you don't want holes in your roof, stop at ACE Hardware and pick up some dual-sided adhesive tape.

There's no way I'll avoid drilling holes in the roof and for sure I wouldn't want the mount and antenna hanging onto the flimsy piece of fiberglass that passes as the roof of my coach. Believe it or not, a good double sided tape would hold the mount to the fiberglass quite adequately, but that's not what I'm concerned about. My main concern is that I need to hit at least one cross-member in the cage. I'd really like to hit two, but that would require that I get the roof mount welded to a longer baseplate.

Could you guys practice on Tom's rig now so you'll be ready to do ours in Moab with no "oops"???

LOL Wendy. I was hoping they'd practice on your coach rather than mine.

Just a follow up for all interested.
I an still waiting for a quote from John Neary for the parts needed to repair the mount & get it together so I can mount it.
I don't even think Bob has filed a claim yet since we are wait on the quote from John.
I even check in my area & I can't find any pipes or poles that are 2 1/4" OD which is the size I think I need for the mast.
I would not be able to mount it even if I had a good mount now since we have had more snow in the past week than we have had all winter.
I was hoping to have it installed for the trip to Seattle for my Niece's wedding the first week of April, but at the speed things are going I  am doubting it will be.
Mike :(

Ron said:
I have been folling this damage roof mount and I find it absolutely amazing that UPS could manage to damage a Neary Mount without gross negligence on their part.  This thing is very well made of steel.  Apparently Bob had taken it to UPS and paid them to package it for shipping.  Wow how could they ever blame anybody else but themselves for the damage.  Why it almost looks like it was thrown off the truck while in motion.  It seems to me that it would require some real effort to damage one of these things.

It is a good thing that John still has mast and level available.  Hope they get it all sorted out soon for you Mike.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Tom

>>Terry, that's not a bad idea, especially since you like drilling holes in other folks' coaches<<

It shouldn't be a problem with you me & our newest satellite dish installer, Jeff Cousins (Assuming his dish hasn't blown off his coach yet.<G>)

Terry:

Still solid as a rock! We got back from Hawaii tonight and no evidence of leaks after the first rain while we were gone.

Tom:

The drilling is easy. Terry drills while you hold your breath! ;D ;D We did hit a cross member with all six screws on the leading edge of the mount.

I remember thinking about the upcoming install and that it would be wise to unplug and shut off inverter in case we hit  something but I'm not even sure we did that.

Thanks Jeff.

Jeff /Washington said:
....no evidence of leaks after the first rain while we were gone.

FWIW we had no evidence of leaks in the roof of our Pace Arrow until it was too late and the entire roof was shot. That's one reason I was previously concerned about drilling holes in the roof, but Terry got me past that.

Back
Top Bottom