Invisibrake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobmax

I had an invisibrake on a previous car and it worked well. Just had one put in my new car. On my last one, when I braked the RV the light came on the dash and it braked. When I took my foot off the RV brake about 1/2 sec later light would go out and I could feel the brakes release on the car. The new one does all that but cannot feel that slight pull when releasing the RV brake. The question is which was right. Have tried different pressures but no difference. So do you feel that slight pull when releasing the brakes

You can have someone apply the MH brake while you observe the toad brake pedal action. Maybe the actuator cable is out of adjustment. The installation manual has all the proper adjustments noted.
Have you done any testing to be sure the system is working? I have an Invisibrake system, moved from our first toad to this latest. I drove the MH, alone, in a safe section of highway, applied the brakes at 55mph and noted the approximate stopping distance, hooked up the toad and repeated the brake test. Should be little to no difference in stopping distance.

Yes I have had someone apply the brake and the paddle goes down but quite slowly. Will try the test you recommend

You shouldn't really feel any pull-backwhen the car brakes are applied. The toad car brake is only supposed to slow the car and not help slow the motorhome by pulling backwards on it. Depending on how much braking the car is doing, that backwards pull can prematurely wear out the car brakes.

If you feel it in the coach when the toad brake activates, it needs adjustment to reduce the amount of braking (brake pressure). There are adjustments on the Invisibrake and similar products to do that. Read the manual.

I understand what he is experiencing, I see/feel the same thing. Apply MH brakes, stop and when the MH brake is released, the toad brake "lags" behind a bit and you can "feel" it hold for a second, then release.
Another check - the air line and fittings between the controller and actuator cylinder, for leaks.
There is a "timing thing" - how far down does the MH brake have to go before the brake lights activate? That is what drives the Invisiabrake system to apply the toad brakes. My previous toad - never felt that lag. This new one, I do. I called Invisibrake support and got the above explanation.

Last edited:
I understand what he is experiencing, I see/feel the same thing. Apply MH brakes, stop and when the MH brake is released, the toad brake "lags" behind a bit and you can "feel" it hold for a second, then release.
Another check - the air line and fittings between the controller and actuator cylinder, for leaks.
There is a "timing thing" - how far down does the MH brake have to go before the brake lights activate? That is what drives the Invisiabrake system to apply the toad brakes. My previous toad - never felt that lag. This new one, I do. I called Invisibrake support and got the above explanation.
Thanks for that Phil. You said read the above explanation you recived from Invisibrake I cannot find that

Thanks for that Phil. You said read the above explanation you recived from Invisibrake I cannot find that
This:. There is a "timing thing" - how far down does the MH brake have to go before the brake lights activate? That is what drives the Invisiabrake system to apply the toad brakes. My previous toad - never felt that lag. This new one, I do. I called Invisibrake support and got the above explanation.

This:. There is a "timing thing" - how far down does the MH brake have to go before the brake lights activate? That is what drives the Invisiabrake system to apply the toad brakes. My previous toad - never felt that lag. This new one, I do. I called Invisibrake support and got the above explanation.
Thanks I understand now

Does Invisibrake have a setting for Aggressiveness or Sensitivity? Those terms often are labels for changes to how quickly the toad brake begins/ends or ramps up the braking action. That can alter the timing.

Does Invisibrake have a setting for Aggressiveness or Sensitivity? Those terms often are labels for changes to how quickly the toad brake begins/ends or ramps up the braking action. That can alter the timing.
Not that I know of. You can adjust the pressure which I have done but did not make a lot of difference. Took it up to 100%. My old one ran at nearly that and worked fine for nearly 3 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom