Ironing boards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom I am also in the market for a steamer hat blocker to keep my Stetsons fully shaped and an automatic boot polisher. :D

Ron you can count on a visit from us.  Not sure whish direction we will be traveling, but we will definitely visit you guys.

How about this one Smoky
the next rig we purchase will be ordered with a dishwasher instead of a full oven.

Smoky said:
Tom I am also in the market for a steamer hat blocker to keep my Stetsons fully shaped and an automatic boot polisher. :D

Ron you can count on a visit from us.? Not sure whish direction we will be traveling, but we will definitely visit you guys.

Just let us know when you will be there.  You are always welcome at Sams Camp.  Might even get a mini rally going like we did last year.

Got to thinking about the pressed jeans.  You might just really stand out in Mt with pressed jeans. ;D ;D ;D

I have a small one. It stands next to the washer. I use it for quilting, not clothes. But you might fine that an over the door board will work for you.  Maybe you could modify the hooks for use on the bathroom door. I've seen them and wm, bed bath n beyond, and cw.

Barb

Ok a confession.  I told all of you that I used  a pad stored under the bed for  ironing.  There is  problem with this plan.  Yesterday I needed to iron a rayon blouse that was wrinkled.  Terry was still sleeping so I opted to iron on the couch.  Big mistake.  The comforter I use to protect the sofa seat is acrylic.  Hot iron is now coated in  burgandy melted fuzz.  I'm in the market for techniques to get melted stuff off of a teflon coated iron.  Or maybe a new iron or maybe a replacement of a rayon blouse.

Betty Brewer

Betty,

The good news and the bad news; the Good News: Rayon can be removed (dissolved) from the iron with one solvent, carbon disulfide, CS2. The Bad News: CS2 is highly poisonous, highly flammable, and has a wide explosion fuel/air ratio. More Bad News: You can't get it just anywhere. If you have access to a college chemistry department, they will surely have it and you may be able to talk the chem. prof. into doing it for you, but it must be done under a fume hood. My best advice is to simply buy a new one.

Sorry.

Karl

It's just the household paraffin wax that is used in canning and in home candle making. You can get it at the grocery store or hardware store, it comes in a one-pound box. There are four or five quarter-inch thick sheets in a box. We used to use it to clean tough, crusty carbon build-up on hot (280 degree F) Teflon glue nozzles in an industrial plant where I worked. If you get your iron hot and apply the paraffin in broad, sweeping strokes, it might loosen up the rayon. Make a (disposable) terrycloth wash cloth fairly wet, and swipe the hot iron over it after you have applied the paraffin. It will probably take several applications. There is no guarantee that this will work, but it is worth a try, and very inexpensive.

Betty

>>Terry was still sleeping so I opted to iron on the couch. <<

Why didn't you use the ironing board...isn't that what it's for?

Terry
At the GNAR, Redmond, OR

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OR-River-Runner
Back
Top Bottom