Is 1080p really necessary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alaskansnowbirds said:
I don't like plasma TVs just because of their power consumption compared to LCDs.

Everything I've read says that's true.

My old T100 pickup truck got better gas mileage than what I get with my F150 4x4 but I like my F150 better - it does a better job for me.

For the few hours per day that I watch the Plasma I'd guess that the power consumption cost difference is inconsequential with reference to my budget.....bill

Whiskyecho said:
For the few hours per day that I watch the Plasma I'd guess that the power consumption cost difference is inconsequential with reference to my budget

Bill,

For folks who might be boondocking in their RV (many here are/do), power consumption is more of an issue than budget. Batteries powering an inverter to run the 120V systems have a finite capacity. Unfortunately, many of our rigs don't have the space to add more batteries, and for some the added weight of more batteries would be an issue.

Uh, OK. 

He said he didn't like Plasma - I said I do and explained why - ?.....bill

Understood Bill, and I was merely hoping to bring an understanding to the fact that some some folks try to avoid high power consumption equipment for reasons other than paying the electricity bill.

Two things on Plasmas and LCDs and resolution

1) Have you noticed the glare difference between Plasmas and LCDs. The LCDs that I saw in the store had much less background glare than the plasmas. I ended up gettting an LCD for that reason

2) The 1080i/720p/1080p decision. I went with the 1080p because I plan to hook up a computer to the TV and use it as a monitor for a computer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjay15
Back
Top Bottom