Is winter snow load an issue for unsheltered DP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That’s quite a dealership. You called then at 1:53 in the morning and they answered the phone.
They have a 24 hour emergency service call center. Great folks and very informative. I am the rv wizard of the future.

A few years ago I saw a device for scraping snow off the roof. I was a long extendable pole with a long blade.on it. No getting on the roof.

Snow load is not a big problem compared to snow melting and gaining entrance through a weak spot in the roof.
Exactly! Melting, refreezing snow is a roof killer. Snow melts, water seeps into a minute opening, freezes-opening the crack wider, etc. That's why I used to cover our RV with a tarp before building an RV garage.

Give them a call and ask them why they are not clearing snow off the roof. Maybe they do not have enough help or shovels.....

Update.... I just called and they said that they sell the rv fast enough that any negative affects of snow and ice on the roof will be the problem of the new owners and not the dealership. Dam. I thought NH was better than that
Finally an honest RV dealer.
BTW 2 feet of snow can add as much as 40 lbs per square foot to a RV roof...
(That's nearly 13,000 lbs on a 40 foot RV)....

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in MN too. I have typically cleaned of the snow if it gets to be over about 2 feet. I don't see that as much of an issue as making sure you have your roof covered by something (tarp, roof, etc.). As others have said the early winter/late spring melt/thaw effect will absolutely destroy your roof and you will have mold growing inside, if you don't have it covered to keep the water off of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom