Itasca basement air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does your unit have the air return on the top or the end? My 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD has the air return on the top and it's not available as a complete unit.

i think the return is at the top, the supply comes out the rear (left side looking at it from outside) with the duct running up to the top , some of the posts are confusing. my return air is under the washer/dryer combo.

Okay - that sounds exactly like my basement air which is not available as a complete unit :(. Parts are still available or should I say some (most?) parts are available. The compressor and capacitors are available, not sure about the control board.

I saw something about the one that is available being convertible. I didn't investigate it though.

The 6515 is a direct replacement for the 6535 and advertised for sale from several internet stores, the problem is nearly all are back-ordered today or state "out of stock".
This unit has the chilled air outlet on the left end of the unit, return air is on the back of the unit. See: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/rvp/6535heatpump.pdf
If you are considering repairing your unit, this might be helpful: Basement A-C Removal Procedure-Revised 8-24-2013.pdf
I have links to some replacement parts if needed.

Last edited:
Some parts are from individual websites so there is no central parts store.
This is the most centralized website for Coleman-Mach parts: O.d. Blower Wheel Pkg. - P218-1472-1161
Replacement plastic fans are made to replace the metal fans. Currently out of stock through Amazon. Same price through ebay, in stock.
Most owners replace the manuallly-oiled fan shaft bushing with sealed pillow-blocks from the first link.
That's all I have now, websites have changed since I copied them from "Duner's" website.

Last edited:
This is for John. Have you been able to verify 46515-811 is a direct replacement for the ones we (you and I) have in aour 2005 Itasca Horizon ?

its the part number for the complete unit. on one of the posts someone said they replaced their exiting 6535 with the 46515-811.

You're going to have an interesting time finding a new replacement (based on the updated model number). I went through this very exercise with my '02 Adventurer that also has the Basement AC Unit. Scoured the internet for weeks, and each outfit I found that had the new unit for sale actually had the listing for no inventory, but for you to just get on back order and hope you get one within 3+ months. Not ideal.

The part number 46515-811 is exactly the same one I had been searching for (with the left side discharge) - but no luck finding something immediately. Biggest thing you need to check for (like John said) is verifying if its a top or side discharge.

If it's an immediate need, you're going to have better luck checking a salvage yard for a unit that was tested out of a parted out coach. I will strongly caution you to get everything in writing, and have them send you physical readings of all test results should you find one. I had purchased a salvage unit that was supposedly tested from a Salvage Yard in Arizona, and upon receipt and testing before install, we discovered compressor 1 to be grounded out and shot. Contacted them for a replacement, or for a credit. Got a one line email saying 'send it back' and no further follow up on a return PRO number, pick up, scheduling or anything after a few phone calls.
Opening a dispute for partial payment, since I am just having a local HVAC guy replace the bad compressor - and I'm going to have the second one replaced as well so I at least have a 'new' unit.

I still have the original unit that was taken OUT of the coach that I bought, which was having the voltage problem to the board as well as what appears to be a bad compressor on circuit 1 as well.
Once supply gets better and my HVAC guy slows down in the late winter, I'm going to have him fix that one up for me as well. Wouldn't mind selling that piece to recoup some of what I had to eat to get the other unit right. Based on the supply right now, I'm sure there are people out there looking for it.

Sorry for the long rant/post on this. I've spent enough time pulling that thing apart and finding parts for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom