"Jacks Down" alarm is constant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I don't care to see pictures of Italy, but could we return to the original topic?

Many great mechanics in Sicily but many of them are only great back yard mechanics.  Be careful not a lot (if any) rv's like yours.  Also, lot of the roads get pretty tricky to drive. Be careful...

I had the same problem several weeks ago on vacation.  I'm rolling down the highway and my "jacks down alarm" goes off.  So I pull over to check my jacks and all three are up all the way.  But the alarm is loud and driving me nuts.  This is where my previous life as a pilot for 32 years became a asset.  I unscrewed the control panel on the dash and disconnected it.  Problem solved, no more alarm.  When I get to the RV park I reconnect it and everything worked perfectly.  When I leave the park, about 20 miles down the road the same thing happens again, I disconnect it again, and when I get home I reconnect it and it works perfectly.  With the information I've read on the previous posts ( float in reservoir) I'm thinking my fluid is a little low.  Driving in Italy is crazy, but would love to do what you're doing.  Have a blast and enjoy the ride.  BTW, I have a 2001 American Eagle with Power Gear Jacks.

Bob

If you have the float in the tank system (like I do) there is an easier way to disconnect the alarm.

On top of the tank there is a gitting with wires coming out, These go to a "Flat 2" connector (Like a flat-4 trailer connector but only 2 pins)  Unplug it and plug just one pin back in (to keep it from getting lost or confused) and the alarm is disconnected.

Have used that method a few times.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, now settle down :)

I promise to post pictures as soon as Italy workout that WIFI is a useful tool. I have been absent from the forum due to zero WIFI and due to the presence of WIFI but it wasn't working in the sites (damn Italians ;-) ).

However............my life just got difficult (that is after GPS sent me straight through the centre of Napoli!). We got towed off the Autostrada 3 nights ago with a spluttering engine. After the first Italian mechanic legged it and said drive slowly it will be fine the Politzia turned up and demanded I moved the RV. When I explained that the engine was cutting out he placed his hand on his gun and demanded I push it!!!!!!!!! I told him it was 7.5 tonnes, then he decided that he couldn't speak English and disappeared. 2nd mechanic came out and towed us to the garage. I can handle myself and do some boxing but where we got towed too I was damn scared. You've got to remember this is Southern Italy. I had a kitchen Knife in my pocket and the baseball bat under my seat.

After a day of no action from the Italians we were finally diagnosed with a faulty distributor/HT leads. Parts are being shipped from England and will be here in seven days. I demanded that we were recovered to a campsite (wild camping in the back streets of Italy is no fun).

So here we are with beer in hand, the sea 10 steps from the door and a nice Dutch couple opposite who like to drink. I think we can hangout here for seven days (even with intermittent WIFI).

Pics will follow as soon as possible and as ever it's great to know you guys are out there.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom