Jacks Down Audible Alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madhouse4ever

Experiencing the audible alarm for Jacks Down while rolling along at 65mph is a heart stopping moment for us and it's happened a few times now. Dealer service has told us that the "jack is bad,  it's leaking and running off and there isn't a reseal kit made for it, so replacement of jack is necessary." We have never seen any fluid leak evidence on the jacks. Everything we've read indicates it could just be low fluid but we want to be safe. Any thoughts on this? Appreciate any and all.

I've had that happen a few times. However, it hasn't happened ever since I let the HWH control go through the full cycle after hitting store. Before I would shut off the system before it automatically shut itself off.

I don't know if that is what is happening with you but it worked for me. Good Luck and Happy Camping!

The audible alarm is triggered by one or more of the jacks not being fully retracted. It is only a matter or 1/2 inch or less. Since the jacks are retracted by spring force not hydraulic force a leak is not the probable cause. I would check the position of all the jacks the next time the alarm comes on and see if one or mores are down a little. The problem could also be a weak spring. Also do follow the previous reply in letting the system complete its cycle before driving. As for repairing vs new replacement, any qualified hydraulic cylinder repair shop can rebuild these jacks.
good luck and safe travels
Dan

I believe Kwikee uses a float switch in the reservoir to detect jacķs down. Make sure all jacks are up and top off the fluid in the reservoir. Use Dexron 3 transmission fluid -- not hydraulic jack oil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom