Jan Feb, & March in Clearwater Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrider

Any Suggestions for a 2-3 month stay in the Clearwater/Palm Harbor area of Florida for Jan, Feb, March?  Will I have difficulty finding a spot?  30' 5er.  I have one spot reserved in Palm Harbor, but only for 2-3 weeks in Jan.  Will need to nail down someplace for Feb and March and early April.  (13 week asignments) 

I don't know of any spots to recommend but I would expect you will definitely have difficulty in finding a spot. Clearwater has grown tremendously, as has the surrounding area. It was really busy back in the '80's. Can't imagine what it might be like now. Parents used to live in Seminole. We are now on the east coast in Titusville and it's busy here! I'd reserve as soon as possible.

Never stayed in Clearwater but did stay in N Tampa area  quite a bit and always at the Bay Bayou Resort  Very nice place and about 10 to 15 miles N of Clearwater with good Rds.  On the map  find Olsmar and it's about 3  or 4 miles east of Oldsmar.  Also there is a, forgive me cuz I don't like them,  KOA Directly north of Clearwater on 586.  Also there are places in Dunedin(?) nearer the west coast.  Best I can offer you.  We know about Bay Bayou cuz stayed there many many times and after the last hurricane it has been updated, while having been a very nice place to start with. JMHO  Good Luck  Cuz there are lots of places in that area  just can't recall any cuz we were satisfied where we were.

The Maderia Beach KOA is nice and right on a rails to trails bikeway.  Clearwater isn't far away and the beach is only 1.5 Miles--an easy bike ride.  Very nice restaurants nearby and fine beach bars abound. Tough finding a spot this late in the year though.

--Steve, Jodie, and Posie Cat

rovinsteve said:
The Maderia Beach KOA is nice and right on a rails to trails bikeway.  Clearwater isn't far away and the beach is only 1.5 Miles--an easy bike ride.  Very nice restaurants nearby and fine beach bars abound. Tough finding a spot this late in the year though.

--Steve, Jodie, and Posie Cat

Steve,

That's the St. Pete KOA!!!! ;D ;D ;D Well, I guess they call it the St. Pete/Madiera Beach KOA. :) It's really in Seminole. When are you and Jodie coming back so we can ride again????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbwrecker
Back
Top Bottom