Jeep Death Wobble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcrbtt

The Jeep Death Wobble I experienced it today. We were making a turn through a rough parking lot and when we accelerated the Jeep started the Death Wobble I never got to 20 MPH, It wobbled so much that the half cup of coffee in the cup holder came over the top. We pulled over and it stopped. It was odd and was a cause for concern.

We have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee and I was told there was no longer an issue is there someone I should contact. I did write Jeep

I would have it looked at. Maybe start with the obvious, tire air pressures, then have your suspension looked at. Something not obvious might have broken or wore badly. Good luck.

I have an older JKU that I ended up replacing all the steering linkage. Nothing seemed very loose but evidently it all added up. Problem solved.

If you search Jeep Death Wobble on google it will yield countless hours of reading.
I have a 2000 TJ. Lifted, oversized tires, etc.
Ball joints, worn Trac bar bushings, out of balance tires have all contributed to my Death Wobble at different times.
So far, I have never had the issue while towing the Jeep.
I believe the later model Jeep Cherokees had the issue but was more related to the power steering system and less to do with suspension issues. But don’t quote me on that.
I also know that a lot of folks use the term “Death Wobble” when in fact they just have an out of balance situation causing a wobble or vibration of the vehicle.
True Death Wobble starts and gets violently worse and the only solution at that point is to stop the vehicle and then restart.
Mine usually came on between 40 and 50 mph. Not fun.
Good luck with your issue and let us know what your solution yields.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millsk
Back
Top Bottom