just bought 09 spirit of America 30rls - excited to get started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddieb02

I bought this camper to put on my land while i am building a little retreat.
I will be boondocking, with access only to my lake front for water.
I am looking at a Generac QP40c generator bc i want to be considerate to me neighbors. anyone have any thoughts on a good generator with remote start and quiet rating that wont break the bank? the rv place is trying to sell me a powerhouse for liek $1200, but i think i can do better on CL.

I also have put some thought into how i will get water, and i hope that i can fill my fresh water tank with lake water thru 7gallon juggs i bought. Obviously i will not drink this water but use it for showers and everyday use.

I have a black water portable jugg to haul off the waste. Since this is only going to be a weekend camper i am a little worried about dealing with smell and keeping the battery charged.

Any suggestions on fresh water / generators and other weekend boondocking issues i may run into i would love to hear from this board. So far the board has been very helpfull and i look forward to putting up some pictures when i get a chance to get my camper set on my land. looking forward to it and thxs for everyones help

If you use lake water be sure to use some bleach in your utility water supply.....otherwise you are going to provide a lovely environment for  swamp monsters to grow in you holding tank. Depending on where the lake is and how heavily populated or peopled the area is you probably could use chemical purification systems for drinking lake water.  You'd then solve the culinary and utility water issue.

I'd devise some type of mesh strainer for the lake water prior to putting in in the tank, seems as if grit or sand would injury the pump or water heater.  But I know a whole lot more about biology than mechanics!

Is it feasible to build an on-site latrine?  Seems this would take care of most of your black water issues since it sounds as if you are going to have your vehicle stationary and are going to need something anyway if you build your retreat.

Good luck soldiers,
Marsha

any suggestions on a quiet generator with remote start so that i can run the a/c in the middle of the night when needed? and hopefully charge my battery.

other then that i am learning but a little overwhelmed by how i can use / conserve my propane and battery systems since i will be a weekend-warrior.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbo1502001!
Back
Top Bottom