Keystone Springdale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kattbird

Hi, I'm new and we are looking into purchasing a Keystone Springdale TT. Was wondering if anyone here has or ever had one and their opinion on it. It's 31 feet with most of the bells and whistles on it. We can get it for $16,500. The list price is almost $24000. I looked through several pages of topics before posting one of which someone was saying you get what you pay for. It will be put on a campground lot and left there year round. We currently have a '78 Nomad which has had a tree fall on it but we were able to repair most of the damage. Which we also bought from someone within the campground. We bought it in '97 and I can say we have gotten our money's worth out of it. Anyway, back to the topic I just wanted any input from anyone about Keystone products. I guess this has aluminum siding. It's the kind the has like the rippled siding. Can ya tell we don't know much about RV's??? :) We just want a new one that has actual living space (living room).The one we have now has a dinette we have to sit at all the time to watch tv etc..
Thanks ;)

It's not a fancy rig but if it suits your needs it should be fine. I see quite a few of them around and they seem to be popular with construction workers and such who live in them and move them around to whatever area they are working in. Probably becasue they deliver a lot of space for the money.

Perhaps the main drawback will be in things like cabinetry and furnishings, which aren't exactly top of the line and probably won't hold up well under heavy use. But things like that can be repaired or replaced too, so wear and tear can be dealt with over time.  Things like fridges, water heaters, stoves, water pumps, etc. of pretty much the same regardless of the price class, so the basics aren't much affected.

In short, if it suits your needs and the price is right, go fo rit.

Thanks for your input. When you say the cabinetry not holding up well under heavy use, I assume you mean the opening and closing of them? For no more than we will use it it seems like maybe a good buy. It is near the beach so we usually only go down there from early spring to late fall but not a lot of visits in that span. They shut the water off on 12/1 and turn it back on by the end of March unless we tell them not to. Thanks again.

Yes, the cabinets will be inexpensive faux-wood (wood grain paper veneer over MDF) and the wall paper, upholstery and such of equally inexpensive materials. They aren't made to last a lot of years, even with just normal wear & tear.

I'm not trying to scare you off from this brand - just comparing it to the construction of the more expensive units, which would have solid wood cabinetry, sturdier upholstery & flooring, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom