King Low Profile HDTV Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spring Creek

After telling the drunk college students to move their football game, the third errant pass to hit my RV today snapped off the head of the antenna.  Looks like an inner black plastic sleeve is broken.

Anyone know for sure if that can be replaced?  If so can it be replaced without removing the base from the roof?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

King OA8500-OE

Personal opinion of the Jack is not good.

If the antenna is a :Directional: model (rotates)  It may be replaceable without removing base. Not sure. If it's an Omin-directional (Does not rotate you will likely have to remove the base.

The Owner's manual contains the answer.

It?s directional.  Is that what you meant by the answer is in the manual?

I hope so, because the manual gives you no indication or parts breakdown (exploded views).

Gary, I did see this. The head appears to be fine, at least from the outside. There is the black plastic sleeve on the inside of the riser portion which is broken off.

I haven?t found anything on the web yet although I?m hampered by searching on my phone.

I think a phone call to King sometime Monday will probably tell me what I need to know.

Thank you!

Spring Creek said:
It?s directional.  Is that what you meant by the answer is in the manual?

I hope so, because the manual gives you no indication or parts breakdown (exploded views).

No what I mean by it's in the manual is the exploded parts diagram.  It will show you how the antenna is assembled and if you can remove the top part without removing the base. Hold on I'll look it up.  It looks like you will have to replace the base.. But I can't be 100% sure. 

Spring Creek said:
After telling the drunk college students to move their football game, the third errant pass to hit my RV today snapped off the head of the antenna.  Looks like an inner black plastic sleeve is broken.

Anyone know for sure if that can be replaced?  If so can it be replaced without removing the base from the roof?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

King OA8500-OE
Spring Creek
I suggest you contact King Controls and ask about replacement parts for your OA8500-OE antenna:
https://kingconnect.com/contact/

No what I mean by it's in the manual is the exploded parts diagram.  It will show you how the antenna is assembled and if you can remove the top part without removing the base. Hold on I'll look it up.  It looks like you will have to replace the base.. But I can't be 100% sure. 

John, the exploded view in the manual does not show or give data in the area where it broke.

I've called King and they think it can be fixed without removing the base....they want pictures to confirm.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom