King of the Road roof construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mojave Mike

New to the forum so be easy on me.  Just got a 2002 King Of The Road 40' crown Marquis and my loves it.  Interior is in very good shape and hasn't been hacked on.  There doesn't seem to be much information out there on the KOTRs.  Haven't called Cheif yet to see they have information archives but will attemp that next week.  My big concern is the roof construction.  What brought that to my attention was the ceiling sag at the living room AC.  (2")  A visual shows that there are wood trusses on each side of the AC penetration with 3/8" roof sheeting with about 6" of close cell foam insulation.  By using my stud finder other trusses are on 4' center.  That is quite a span.  Anyone have any knowledge of the roof construction?  Thanks

Welcome to the RV Forum Mike

Not sure about that 4' span. Maybe someone will be along that can be of more help.

I had a KOTR 5W back in 1998. Chassis was built like a tank and the cabinetry was excellent, but don't recall much about the roof construction.  Few KOTR motorhomes were made, so getting experienced owner feedback on them is gonna be tough.
Motorhome roofs are often fairly flimsy, just thin cross members to give a place to screw down the plywood substrate sheets. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom