King Power Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcrbtt

My King power antenna Is not working, the blue light is not on and the switch in my closet that is to be green will not light. I checked and there appears to not be any power to the unit.​

I pulled all the Fuses and flipped all the breakers still not working. Am I missing a location for a fuse? Any Ideas?​

With fuses a test lamp is your friend.. A test lamp looks like an old fashion ice pick with a wire coming out the clear or transucent handle.
Find a good solid ground for the clip
Touch the tip to a known GOOD 12 volt point.. Bright light good. no light reset the lamp in the handle and try again Bright light good.
Not touch the metal square in the small window each end of the fuse while it's plugged in
BRIGHT BRIGHT good
BRIGHT DARK or DARK BRIGHT Bad
Dark Dark no test
If you find a bad one replace it (They do not always LOOK blown.

Next tool is a cable tracker.
Hook it to the positive lead on the wall plate for the antenna. (Disconnect from wall plate first)
ANd tweedle your way to where it does not tweedle any more.. that's where the wire is broken of fuse blown. NOTE there may be a fuse on the back of the wall plate.

And

First, get your volt meter and chech to see if there is power and I would start at the switch. It is powere by 12V so the circuit breakers have nothing to do with it. As I look at the King Troubleshooting Guide, it lists a lack of power to be the most probable cause of the green light in the switch not being on. It is a power available light. If you don't have one, you may want to download the guide from the link above. The source of 12V to the power switch will depend on the RV and who built it.

Back
Top Bottom