Kitchen appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasillaguy

Ice maker
Coffee maker
Toaster
Handheld mixer
Bullet blender
Crock pot
Salad spinner
Ice cream churn
Handheld emulsifier
(So far)

Ice maker
Toaster
Rice cooker
Crockpot

We use the rice cooker and crockpot the most.

Ice maker stays at home during winter trips, we buy ice and use an rtic ice bucket - works great. Toaster may get left behind in the future.

Of all the things on that list the only one we have is the crock pot. There was initially debate to include a keurig but a $10 stovetop percolator won out, which also serves to heat water for my tea and utility purposes. A point I would make is that even if one can fit all this stuff, there is overhead in just having a bunch of "stuff" for "just in case" or "once in a while". DW started out with a service for 8 when 97% of the time it's just the two of us. A service for 2 frees up a lot of room, paper plates and plastic forks are for guests if needed. Won't dismiss the notion that you have your house with you and you do what you want, that's the point. But travelling around with cabinets and drawers stuffed full of stuff you use once or twice a season becomes something to work around and subsequently annoying. I like to make beer, but will acquiesce to buying it while we're travelling. Simplification is part of the reason we like our RV.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Really depends on the person, how they live, fulltime, long term, weekender. I find it interesting how judgmental people get over appliances.

I have appliances. I dislike "domestic work".

I carry an induction burner, a microwave and an air fryer. If planned also a tiny crockpot. Does the fridge count. I have a handheld emulsifier. I use it for smoothies or milkshakes mostly, maybe some time a margarita maker. The most used id the microwave.. It cooks everything almost and heats the water for clean-up and face washing....

Our coach has a convection/microwave oven and propane stove, for countertop appliances we have a Ninja bullet blinder that also has food processor attachments, an air fryer, and a crock pot/rice cooker. No mixer, no coffee pot, no ice maker, no toaster etc. Our theme here is buy stuff that does more than one thing.

p.s. also a 1 burner induction cooker as they put off a lot less heat than the propane stove.

Well, since I'm actually sitting in the camper right now, I thought I'd do an inventory:

1. We cleaned out a lot of small appliances when we got a Kitchen-aid counter top mixer with specific attachments. And wow! Is that thing nice!

2. Electric Coffee Pot
3. Toaster
4. Two electric flat griddles
5. One electric frying pan
6. Aroma Rice Cooker... which works as a steamer, a crock pot, a slow cooker.
7. One electric coffee bean grinder.

Then... there is:

8. Two electric radio / alarm clocks.
9. Two televisions that came with the camper and two more Roku televisions that are internet / streaming capable.
10. Two lap top computers, one being my wife's company computer. And 1 I-pad.
11. A desk scanner/printer
12. Four desk fans with wall mount clips.
13. Two tower fans.

14. In addition we have multiple chargers for: 3 cell phones, 1 rechargeable flashlight, Samsung smart watches, head phones, walkie-talkies, electric razor (man's), electric razor (woman's), two rechargeable tooth brushes,

15. We also have an electric heat-pad for muscle pain.
16. An electric blanket and an electric throw blanket.
17. Electric incense (smelling) machine ... room deodorizer, or whatever that thing is called to make the room smell good. It doubles as a night light.

The camper has:
18. Electric fire place.
19. Residential Refrigerator with ice maker.
20. Water heater - gas / electric, almost never use "gas".
21. We also have a plant "grow light" as the wife likes to have her plants with us.

Well, I think that most of it.....

I've got to say I'm impressed with the selection of gadgets... We travel with microwave, bullet blender, induction cook top, microwave, gas stove, gas oven, blackstone, toaster and ice maker... Propane fired grill occasionally. What more could you need??

Instapot
Induction burner
Ninja Foodie oven
Electric kettle
Hand blender
Ninja bender
Mini food processor
Built in micro
Residential fridge with ice maker
Air popper for popcorn
Salad spinner
Outside we have a blackstone and small charcoal grill

Maybe
Really depends on the person, how they live, fulltime, long term, weekender.
Another big difference is boondocking vs hookups. It's more complicated when you have a high electric draw when boondocking.

In our younger years we mostly boondocked. Now we never camp without electric hookups. The wife can't survive without all the creature comforts like A/C and heat these days. But, we camp more often in extreme temperatures than we used to.

Besides the built in nuke, fridge, stove top... Toaster, electric griddle, and a Ninja Foodie (replaces about 6 other appliances), and saves a ton of space. Also have a small charcoal grill and my ancient ( 50 year old) Coleman white gasoline two burner stove for outside. Been thinking about replacing that with a newer propane bottle version, but just can't bring myself to do it. That stove and I have been through a lot together.

Last edited:
Air Fryer
toaster

Have to be careful with the air fryer. If you use it and the microwave at the same time, and the AC starts up, it will trip the circuit breaker. So we turn off the AC while cooking with it.

Just yesterday the coffee maker went bad. Always on when plugged in but no indicator lights. I don't need that. Into the dumpster it went and Wallyworld gets another $28.

Back
Top Bottom