Kitchen sink won't drain - 4 days in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karen Morris

I am in a 2022 Reflection 367BHS living stationary. This is day 4 and my kitchen sink won't drain. I dumped grey tank yesterday and again today. No go. Again, day 4 so no food/crap buildup. I keep the strainer in the sink at all times. Bathroom is draining fine. Help!

It sounds like there is a second gray tank for the kitchen sink. Check underneath for another drain valve handle. It could be on the opposite side or hidden in a compartment or wheel well.

Yes. Even though I have drained the gray tank twice, it’s showing as the second gray tank being full but I don’t have a second gray tank. I will attach pics

Attachments

• 76125300-D415-42FA-B49F-CAFB3D7CCB14.jpeg
    76125300-D415-42FA-B49F-CAFB3D7CCB14.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 11
  • B9710019-9D28-47DD-B26D-92A5F6324A10.jpeg
    B9710019-9D28-47DD-B26D-92A5F6324A10.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • E190D07B-0D25-4E59-A057-AB0E12CBD379.jpeg
    E190D07B-0D25-4E59-A057-AB0E12CBD379.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 11
You have a second gray tank just for the galley. Look around. If you can’t find another drain valve contact the dealer this morning. Do not add anymore water in the sink.

If you have to, talk to a salesman. Ask him to go out on the lot and have him find the drain valve on a rv like yours and he can explain it’s location to you.

Or ask another rv’er next to help you find it.

Last edited:
Some RV's have Black and Gray. Some black, gray and Wash (Often called Gray 2)
Wash is like Gray except no kitchen sink. (That's the "Gray" part of gray. food particles)
Mine did. In my case the"Wash" tank was in a different copartment but if you have what I call a "one hole" RV (The length of a "Just a minute" depends entirely on which side of the door you are on). (Mine was a 2-holes no waiting) With Toilet and shower at one end and kitchen at the other.. the "Gray" will be closer to the sink.... (Since the shower is a "Wash" item)(

I just perused a video of a 2021. The narrator said the galley drain is right in front of the drain pipe - behind the drain pipe in this screen capture/photo.

This video may help you get oriented with other features of your rig.

1660389299916.png

I found the pull valve! Wow, not one person in sales or service mentioned this valve to me. Not even during my walkthrough. I could have damaged that tank and will be monitoring for leaks.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. This forum has already helped me with 2 issues. Now that I don't have to worry about a clogged sink, I can enjoy my weekend. Cheers everyone!

I could have damaged that tank and will be monitoring for leaks.
That would be very unusual as full tanks is something that happens to everyone from time to time. If you have a full main gray tank and then drain the bathroom sink or are taking and shower and it backs up into the shower, that means that the tank is full and there are very few of us that have not had that experience, most of us more than once.

That would be very unusual as full tanks is something that happens to everyone from time to time. If you have a full main gray tank and then drain the bathroom sink or are taking and shower and it backs up into the shower, that means that the tank is full and there are very few of us that have not had that experience, most of us more than once.
Thanks Kirk - I appreciate that. It eases my mind a bit. I will be talking to the dealer and asking why I was not told about this valve - seems like a pretty important thing to point out during the walkthrough.

I am in a 2022 Reflection 367BHS living stationary. This is day 4 and my kitchen sink won't drain. I dumped grey tank yesterday and again today. No go. Again, day 4 so no food/crap buildup. I keep the strainer in the sink at all times. Bathroom is draining fine. Help!
Glad you found the handle for the second grey tank valve. I didn't see your message yesterday, but could have told you where it was. We have a Reflection 367BHS, and occasionally I forget to drain that tank, and our kitchen sink won't drain.

Tom - what do you think about leaving the 2nd gate valve open? The one for the kitchen sink. It's really in an awkward spot. Since you own the same model as me I figured you would be the best person to ask.

Tom - what do you think about leaving the 2nd gate valve open? The one for the kitchen sink. It's really in an awkward spot. Since you own the same model as me I figured you would be the best person to ask.
A lot of people do that, and not just Reflection owners. The only reason I don't do it (and probably not a valid reason), is the numerous reports of "sewer flies" that come up into the toilet when the black tank dump valve is left open. In the case of the grey tank, we have a P-trap below the sinks and shower, so sewer flies would be unlikely to come past them.

A lot of people do that, and not just Reflection owners. The only reason I don't do it (and probably not a valid reason), is the numerous reports of "sewer flies" that come up into the toilet when the black tank dump valve is left open. In the case of the grey tank, we have a P-trap below the sinks and shower, so sewer flies would be unlikely to come past them.
Thank you for your input. I will see how often I have to crawl under the slide to pull that valve. I may take a chance and leave it open if it becomes an issue.

Thank you for your input. I will see how often I have to crawl under the slide to pull that valve. I may take a chance and leave it open if it becomes an issue.
We leave the gray valve open all the time. We use one of those hose trellis' and at the very beginning we loop the hose to the ground then up the 8 inches or so to the trellis creating a P trap of sorts.

Never an issue with smells.

Note that about 3 days before a black tank drain we close the grays to accumulate flush water then dump the black first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom