Knock-Knock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

Every so often I hear a "Knock-Knock". Kinda random, perhaps every 30 minutes average. The first time I noticed it, I really thought somebody was knocking on my RV door.

I think it is coming from my refrigerator, but I am not 100% certain. The refrigerator is a Norcold Model 1210D. It's on "AU/LP". which is now on propane.

What could it be?

-Don- Frierson, LA

Could it be from expansion and contraction of metal parts like a metal roof or aluminum siding caused by the sun/shade?

Something blowing against the RV?
It is always a double knock, same time between them. It certainly could be outside the RV, but I have no clue what but could be.

But I never hear it late night when I am sleeping.

It appears to be coming from between the only door in this motorhome and the refrigerator. I often thought somebody was knocking softly on my door as it sound just like that.

-Don- Frierson, LA

I periodically hear tapping noises in my RV. They are usually birds or squirrels moving around on my roof, or in the winter it is acorns from the Live Oak trees above me.

I was wondering if it could be something like that also. If that's the case, I will never find it.

-Don- Frierson, LA
Try to record the times and what the weather is. Cloudy, partly sunny or sunny. Is the sun beating on it and when the sun goes down and in the shade

Try to record the times and what the weather is. Cloudy, partly sunny or sunny. Is the sun beating on it and when the sun goes down and in the shade
You could have something there. So far, it has only happened in the light, never heard it at night.

-Don- Dubuisson Lake, LA

Don, I see you are about 75 miles east of me at Dubuisson Lake, LA, are you going to try to get some good genuine Cajun food while you are in the area?

p.s. as to your issue, I had a similar noise that turned out to be a measuring tape someone left on the roof rattling around, it was hooked under a solar panel, so did not blow off while driving.

Our microwave is also the vent/fan for the range and exits via a mail slot on the side of the RV, and it has a one-way flapper door. When the breeze kicks up, the little door flaps and it sounds like something knocking at the RV. It has to be secured in order to be made quiet.

Don, I see you are about 75 miles east of me at Dubuisson Lake, LA, are you going to try to get some good genuine Cajun food while you are in the area?

p.s. as to your issue, I had a similar noise that turned out to be a measuring tape someone left on the roof rattling around, it was hooked under a solar panel, so did not blow off while driving.

I love Cajun food. But I don't know where I could stop and park this RV to get some.

Many years ago, Tom & my favorite restaurant was a little Cajun place in San Rafael in Marin County, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. But it never got a crowd, and went out of business. I don't think it was in a good location and few knew it existed. But was it good!

I hear this "knock knock" only when parked.

-Don- Bay St. Louis, MS

When you head back west, drop me a note and I can make some suggestions for good Cajun food along your route in southern Louisiana with room for RV parking.

When you head back west, drop me a note and I can make some suggestions for good Cajun food along your route in southern Louisiana with room for RV parking.
I will take you up on that! But after Florida, I plan on going up to at least South Carolina. But I will head back on I-10/ I-12. So it probably won't be for a couple of weeks or so.

BTW, I just heard the "knock knock" again. And now it's dark. I am fairly sure it's coming from the refrigerator.

-Don- Bay St. Louis, MS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom