KOA in Savannah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always tried to never stay in any KOA Some like them I don't

We ended up staying at a KOA on the way to TC, MI because there just wasn't anything else available.  Most expensive overnite whe have spent in a long time.  Only $38 for a water and electric site and that was with the KOA discount he gave me even though I don't have a KOA card.  Wasn't all that good of a campground either.

bamboo said:
Any one stayed  at the Savannah south KOA in Richmond GA

Yes, many times as it was only stop along I-95 at right distance as I traveled from FL to NY. I'd say its a little better than the stereotype of KOA.

Here is link to reviews.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Georgia/Richmond_Hill.html

This past spring when I was going south to Florida I called the Savannah KOA (I was a KOA member) to make a reservation for the night.  Unfortunately I had some trouble with a tire on my 5'er which delayed me in SC.  We stopped at a KOA there for the night while the tire was being repaired.  Called the Savannah KOA an hour after we made the reservation and explained the situation and they refused to refund the reservation for the night even after they talked with the representative of the KOA we were staying at.  That night cost me more than a night at a fancy hotel.  We will never stay at a KOA again.  A WalMart parking lot would be more appealing.

In the short the KOA is more interested in your money than you.

Skidaway Island is cheaper but hard to get to it. I like the KOA and they have nice people. No the campground is not beautiful but does have a nice lake to watch the ducks. If you want cheap go to Wal Mart.  We stay their about 4 times a year. Very easy to get in and out.

Boyd said:
Skidaway Island is cheaper but hard to get to it. I like the KOA and they have nice people. No the campground is not beautiful but does have a nice lake to watch the ducks. If you want cheap go to Wal Mart.  We stay their about 4 times a year. Very easy to get in and out.

But it is a KOA good reason to avoid it IMHO.

Stay at Skidaway Island State Park - it is southeast of Savannah and it's beautiful!

I will "third" the recommendation for the Skidaway Island State Park.  The sites are huge and beautiful, and if you want to visit Savannah, it's a quick hop onto the Harry Truman Parkway and you're there.  As for it being hard to find, I found it not too difficult, and I was driving by myself. (Left the navigator at home!  ;D)  Once you cross over onto the island on Diamond Causeway, just look for the two huge churches on the left and turn between them.  You won't regret it.

-Dave

<<edit: fixed a typo>>

That is funny that most of you have bad things to say about KOA's . That is all I have ever stayed in when traveling in the US . Apart from them being on th high side I love them . They are clean , most of them have pools and I feel safe there . Now that being said maybe I am spending money for nothing ?? I prefer the camp sites that have all of the amenities . Maybe I should be trying new campsites and saving some money !! 

Steve,

For someone with a family, KOA is a good choice.

KOAs I've stayed at have been a mixed bag. Some have been exceptional, and I've gone to pains to let KOA know which ones they are. I don't know if it's coincidence, but the better ones were always franchised rather than corporate owned.

OTOH a couple of non-franchised ones I've visited in the last year appear to have been getting time and money put into them in an apparent effort to clean them up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom