Kohree RV Water Hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always use a regulator at the bib set at about 50lbs. You never know what pressure the campground is putting out. Especially if it's a well.

Thestandar Flexzilla hose has a 150 lb working pressure and a 500 lb burst pressure. Check the link I posted above. At this point I think we should just agree to disagree on the value of each brand. Have a great day...
I did check your link, did you check mine? Picture below of the specs at Home Depot. Lowes shows the same 150. We found different specifications and it doesn't matter which is right. If you are happy with the Flexilla I'm happy for you. I was just saying I have both brands and I would never own another Flexilla.
Screenshot 2024-04-04 205532.png

The Zero G hose doesn't shrink or expand in length. It is what they call a "lay flat" hose in the manufacturing and mining world. Like a fire hose. It also doesn't swell up under pressure like my Flexilla does. Maybe because the Zero G is rated at 600 lbs burst pressure vs 150 for the Flexilla.
I have a similar lay-flat hose, I really like it but when wet it's like trying to carry a handful of wet noodles.

I did check your link, did you check mine? Picture below of the specs at Home Depot. Lowes shows the same 150. We found different specifications and it doesn't matter which is right. If you are happy with the Flexilla I'm happy for you. I was just saying I have both brands and I would never own another Flexilla.
View attachment 172154
They're incorrectly listing the working pressure as the burst pressure. Check the manufacturer's info.

They're incorrectly listing the working pressure as the burst pressure. Check the manufacturer's info.

I really hate to keep beating a dead horse but I don't find burst pressure listed anywhere on their website. It does point out the Flexilla is temperature sensitive. So both websites may be right. It may have a 600 lb burst pressure at lower temperatures but 150 lb at 70, at its "max working pressure". I've only used it at the house when the temperature is near 90 degrees. I'm way over it's working temperature which explains why I'm seeing it swell up and you don't if you are at lower temperatures.

1712319876523.png

I really hate to keep beating a dead horse but I don't find burst pressure listed anywhere on their website. It does point out the Flexilla is temperature sensitive. So both websites may be right. It may have a 600 lb burst pressure at lower temperatures but 150 lb at 70, at its "max working pressure". I've only used it at the house when the temperature is near 90 degrees. I'm way over it's working temperature which explains why I'm seeing it swell up and you don't if you are at lower temperatures.

View attachment 172157
Do you know the difference between a "working pressure" and a "burst pressure"? They actually are unrelated. A hose with a 150 psi working pressure could have a 200 psi burst pressure or a 1,000 psi burst pressure and still be suitable for the intended use.. Working pressure represents the continuous pressure that a hose is designed to withstand without experiencing any significant deformation or failure. Burst pressure refers to the maximum pressure that a hose can withstand before rupturing or bursting. Unlike working pressure, burst pressure represents a short-term peak pressure that a hose can endure without catastrophic failure. As long as the working pressure meets or exceeds your requirements, the burst pressures is pretty much irrelevant since you won't encounter it in normal use. For RV use, any hose with a 150 psi working pressure would be suitable as long as it meets any other requirements such as drinking water safe. It's unlikely an RV use hose would ever see anything close to it's burst pressure rating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom